45

Chapter 7

Crime lab 1:50 am

Horatio walked into his office, the only thing lighting his way was a small desk lamp and the light from the computer screen, he didn't bother to turn on another light. He checked his computer to see if there was anything new on the BOLO he posted on Jake. Sadly, there was nothing new. Horatio was not about to let something happen to someone he cared for, not again, not after all he has already lost.

H would have been home by now to stay with Bridget, but Ryan had offered to take his shift as well as his own. Horatio let him since he knew they had a relationship, also he wanted to stay up to date on any and all information about Jake.

He walked out of his office and headed to the ballistics lab to see what Calleigh had found out. Half way to the ballistics lad, Horatio's phone began to ring.

"Hey H," Eric said as he walked up to Horatio.

"Lieutenant Caine," Horatio held up his hand to silence Eric as he held his phone to his ear. Horatio's face filled with anger and concern as he listened.

"We're on are way, Mr. Wolfe." Horatio said and hung up.

"Come on Eric. Their in trouble." The two ran out to Horatio's Hummer, getting soaked by the pouring rain, and took off with the lights flashing along side the lightening and the sirens blaring over the thunder.

Horatio's House 2:05am

Horatio pulled up to his house and jumped out of the hummer, with Eric close behind. They ran up to the door, in full stealth mood, with a gun and flashlight in hand. Horatio was not surprised to find the door unlocked. Horatio slowly opened the door and Eric swooped in first. Eric took the hall way and Horatio went to the kitchen. H walked into the dark kitchen with his flash light pointed in front of him.

"Eric, he's in here!" Horatio yelled as he kneeled down beside Ryan.

Soon Eric ran in the kitchen to find his long time best friend laying in the floor, unconscious, with a bullet wound in his side and a large gash in his head.

"Call the medics!" H yelled to Eric. "Come on, Mr. Wolfe!" Horatio tried everything he could to get Ryan to wake up.

Horatio's attempts soon worked. Ryan groaned in pain and flickered his eyes open. He squinted his eyes in pain and held his, still bleeding, bullet wound. He tried to move but it was interrupted by an overwhelming pain in his head and side. He didn't care much for his own pain or his wellbeing at the time. His one true love was way to important to lay in self-pity.

"Bridget. He-he has her. I'm so sorry H. It-it's my fault." Ryan mumbled and slipped back into unconsciousness. Horatio did not blame anyone but himself for what happened.

"Stay awake! Helps on its way, Mr. Wolfe!" Horatio pleaded with him.

"An ambulance is on it way." Eric announced. "Come on Wolfe! Stick with us!" Eric yelled over the rumbling thunder.

The ambulance took longer then expected and Ryan had lost a lot of blood. Horatio had over heard the paramedics doubt about Ryan even making it to the hospital. After the paramedics took him to the hospital, with Horatio as a ride along, Horatio's house was a full out crime scene. Also the house the women where murdered in was on constant watch just in case Jake went back there.

The whole team was there to process Horatio's house, hoping to find anything they can that will help find Bridget. Calleigh was covering the kitchen. She picked up Ryan's gun from the floor first an placed it in an evidence bag. Calleigh looked over to the pool of blood in the floor and saw a bullet lodged into the tile floor. She got the tweezers from her kit and pulled the bullet out of the blood soaked floor.