Blow Me Away

Chapter 12

Jake House 10:30am

Horatio and Ryan felt it was necessary to re-check all the crime scene, starting with Jake's house. They pulled up to Jake's house and head to the door. They walked through the house, looking everywhere. After not finding much in the house, Ryan walked to the back yard where he had saw some disturbed grass and dirty. He keeled down by the grass and saw what he thought was a piece of wood. He pulled a little of the dirt and grass back and noticed a small hole in the wood. Intrigued, he removed a few squares of placed grass and uncovered something.

"H!" Ryan yelled, looking toward the house.

Ryan looked back down at what he had uncovered and didn't move. Could this be it? It's this be where.... Ryan cut off his thoughts.

"What did you find?" Horatio asked as he walked out of the house.

"A trap door." Ryan told Horatio. Ryan popped open the once hidden door, as Horatio come up beside him.

The thought of calling the bomb squad before they entered the room crossed their minds, but not long enough for them to actually do so. With guns drawn, they started down the damp concrete steps, looking for wires on each step.

They reached the bottom of the steps. The soft ground, that consisted of damp sand and dirt, made they're feet sink down into the ground. Horatio and Ryan looked down the narrow hallway. It looked to be about nine feet long with only three doors. One of the doors, the closest one, had an open slot. The men walked cautiously toward the door. As Ryan got closer he noticed the door was slightly cracked. He looked in the slot of the door. What he saw shocked and scared him.

"Bridget!" Ryan yelled.

He saw a women laying on the ground with blood around her head. Ryan pushed open the heavy door and ran over to her. He turned over the body and a strange feeling of relief and disappointment came over him when he brushed the black hair out of the woman's face. It wasn't Bridget. Ryan felt for a pals on the woman's wrist.

"Call the EMTs." Ryan told Horatio and turned back to the unknown woman.

New Hide Out

Jake pulled up to the only place the police haven't found. The small structure looked nice and looked well kept, even tho a vine or two threatened to scale to the top of the wooden cabin. On the porch sat two rocking chairs, with a small table, for drinks, in the middle. The whole scene looked perfect. The sun was rising over the cabin, casting the shadow of the cabin, and the many trees surrounding it, on the tall grass. It was cute in a way, if you like the whole woodsy cabin thing. You could even say it looked romantic if it where under totally different circumstances.

If the "CSI A Team", as Jake liked to call them, found this place he would have to take Bridget to Chicago or maybe they could go to New York city and see Bridget's old neighbourhood.

"Now, where to put you?" Jake said as he looked over to Bridget. He had not planned on bringing her here.

He never thought the cops would get this far and not having a plan was killing him. He would have to make a plan and fast. Jake hopped out of the truck and walked over to the passenger side door. He opened the white door and picked up Bridget. Jake cradled Bridget in his arms and carried her to the cabin. Her unconscious body was numb in his arms. He looked down at her and smiled as if she was smiling back.

"How do I let them know I'm serious?" Jake asked looking to, the still unconscious, Bridget for an answer.

"I've already shot one of them. And I almost blew several of the to pieces! Why won't they stop this silly cat and mouse game?.......I have to do something else, something... worse." Jake plotted in his mind.