Blind

This chapter is dedicated to BlueDiamondStar for being the first to comment. Thank you all for reading!

**********************************************************************************************************

Chapter 9

Crime lab 5:30am

The sky was still dark, with vary few stars piercing the city sky, and the full moon hanging eerily as clouds partly covering the top and bottom of it. The sliver of the moon that wasnt covered shined directly on the lieutenants hummer as he pulled into the parking lot. Horatio exited his hummer and walked to entrance of the crime lab.

Horatio was heading to the ballistics lab to see if the computer ever got a hit on the striations of the bullet. Half way there his cellphone went off. He looked at his cellphone and redirected himself to the A\V tech lad.

H walked straight into the A\V lab, phone in hand, and over to Dave Benton, the lab tech. Dave noticed Horatio entering the room and was about to greet him. "Bridget's phone is on." Horatio informed Dave, cutting off his greeting. The lad tech turned to his computer and started typing as fast as lightning. He looked at his computer screen with confusion. "What have you got?" Horatio asked. "Nothing," Dave huffed out with disappointment filling him up. "What do you mean?" Horatio asked. "The signal is bouncing all over Florida. I can't pinpoint it." Dave explained. "What could cause this?" Horatio asked. "I don't know exactly what could be causing it, yet." Dave told him, sure he could find out.

7:30am

The team hauled in all the evidence from the crime scene and took it into the lay out room. While they did that Ryan went off to find Horatio. "Hey, Horatio." Ryan called to his boss. "Did you get anything from the crime scene, Mr. Wolfe?" Horatio asked as Ryan walked up to him. "Yeah, we got all the parts from the bomb and there was another note, stapled to a tree. What did you get from the text Bridget sent you? Has she said anything else?" Ryan was caught somewhere between pain and anger and he was doing a pretty good job at holding it all in. "We got the license plate number of a truck that passed her location and a parcel license plate number for Jake's car." Horatio explained. "Was there a hit on ether of them?" Ryan asked. "We got his address. It's in the Everglades."

Jakes House 7:40am

The sun peaked out over the horizon as the cold morning air started to warm up again.

A bomb technician slid a little mirror, attached to a thin metal pole under the front door, as Horatio and other officers waited for the okay. "The doors wired to blow." The bomb technician told Horatio. "Can you neutralize it?" Horatio asked. "Yeah, you may what to backup some tho." The man warned. Some of the officers took a step or two back but Horatio didn't move. "The back doors rigged too." One of the officers informed Horatio, holding his radio to his side. "We're clear." The technician announced and back away From the door. Horatio looked back at the officer with the radio. "Their clear too." With that Horatio twisted the knob and pushed open the door. Horatio and the officers went into the house, guns drawn. As the officers went through each room they yelled out "clear."

The house was clean, to a point, there was some wrappers on the coffee table and the floor was a little dirty, other then that it was pretty nice. All the lights, in every room, were turned on. There wasn't a dark space in the house.

Horatio and Ryan met in the middle of the house, which was in the kitchen, and looked around for anything that could lead them to Bridget. Ryan started opening drawers, only finding silverware and kitchen knives, nothing unusual had surfaced.

Unknown Location

Jake sat in a room, not to far from Bridget, and reviewed the footage from the cameras he had set up around all the locations he could be linked to. Four monitors were set up with split screens, the first monitor had a blank screen and was labeled "Tackle Bait" but the one next to it showed his house and in the kitchen Jake saw Horatio and Ryan looking around. Anger struck him as he looked at Ryan. "You should be dead!" Jake hissed as he stood up and slammed his hand on the table. He grabbed his left shoulder where Ryan had shot him earlier and cheeked the bandage.

In the next room Bridget raised her head up as she heard Jakes muffled words. "Ryan." She whispered, a smile grew on her lips and she grabbed the neckless that Ryan had gave her. A thought crossed her mind, but she would need time to do it which she had as long, as Jake didn't come. The slot in the door slung open and Jakes eyes were visible. Her smile turned to an angry scowl. "I'll be back soon I have some things to take care of. Don't do anything stupid." Jake warned and angrily stormed off. Perfect Bridget thought. She waited a few minutes then got to work. She took two black hair band from her wrist, then got out her cellphone and sat them together. She then started looking for something in the sand. Bridget dug around in the sand and found a small stick, she grinned and sat it by the hair bands and phone. Bridget unlatched her neckless and put it in her hand. She kissed the silver and diamond heart neckless and sat it down. Okay, now how did this work on TV? She asked herself. She thought about it for a minute. Then Bridget brook off the tip of the stick and split the longer part down the middle, creating a flatter surface. She laid her neckless in the middle of the stick, letting a little of the chain hang out at the top, laid the other half of the stick over it and tied it tightly together with her hair band. She put her phone between her knees and pulled the bottom of the stick apart and put the antenna of her phone in the middle. She let the stick go and it stayed on the antenna. "Now lets see if this works." Bridget said in a low tone. She got up from the ground and held her cellphone close to the window. She brightly smiled as she saw her cellphones bars go up. "Yes," She exclaimed. She scrolled down her contacts list, her stomach turned as she landed on Ryan's contact. She took in a deep breath. 'This is how I'll know' she thought and pressed the call button. She held her phone close to her ear hoping, praying, to hear Ryan's voice, maybe for the last time.

"Ryan Wolfe," The man answered. A tear of joy ran down Bridget's face. "Ryan! Your alive!" Bridget was over joyed to hear her loves voice. "Bridget?! Are you okay!? Do you know where you are!?" Ryan asked with joy and love flowing over his every emotion, he was so happy to hear her he could barley feel the pain of the concussion and bullet wound. "I'm fine. And I'm in some room, I think it's under ground." Bridget told him, with a smile still keeping its place. "Listen Ryan, Jake just figured out your still alive. And he stormed off." Bridget warned. "Don't worry about me. I'll be fine." He said knowing what Bridget was thinking. "Is their a window? Can you see outside?" He asked, getting back on track. "Umm yeah, give me a sec." Bridget said and sat her phone on the ledge of the window. She jumped up and grabbed the bars of the window, scrapping her arms on the edge of the brick. She then yelped, not expecting the sudden pain. "Are you alright?" She could hear Ryan asked. She let go of the bar her right hand had a hold of and gabbed her phone. "Yeah I'm fine, I just scraped my arms." Bridget told him, holding herself up with one hand and an elbow. "What can you see?" Ryan asked. Bridget smiled at the sun rise and flashed back to a happy memory.

*Flash Back*

Beach 6:25am

"Come on we're going to miss it." Ryan said like a young child as he practically dragged Bridget through the sand. "What are you talking about? And why are we up so early? It's are day off." Bridget sleepily complained. "Trust me." Ryan told her, sat in the sand, only a few inches from the water, and pulled Bridget to his side. Bridget smiled and sat beside him. "And I would only do this for you." Bridget said and rested her head on Ryan's shoulder. Bridget was about to ask what they were doing here when Ryan said, "Look!" Bridget turned her head to see the beautiful Miami sunrise. She smiled with delight.

*End of flash back*

"Bridget?... Bridget?" Ryan almost yelled. Bridget snapped out of it and shook her head. "Yeah?" She answered. "Are you okay?" Ryan asked. She didn't answer his question because she was very tempted to tell the truth. Bridget just stared out the window. Now that it wasn't dark out Bridget could see more then just the dark and what was a few feet in front of her. "I'm defiantly in the Everglades, I can see a stream of water and..." Bridget looked to her left, breathed in sharply and at the same time fell to the ground. She looked up and saw a mans boots outside the small window. She frantically looked around for her cellphone and found it as she heard a door open. "What's going on?" Ryan asked. "I have to go. He's back. I love you, Ryan." She said softly, hung up the phone before he could answer and counseled the phone under the sand and dirt mixture. The door slung open and Jake walked in, carrying the lifeless body of an unknown female.

**************************************************************************************************************

Votes if you liked it. Comment if you did or didn't.