Chapter 13: 800 YEARS OF BLOODLUST - ADVENT OF THE HERETIC WITCH?

The scene shows Ann, Maka, Soul, and Crona entering Loof Village. Recently, Lord Death decided to have Crona join the school to try and give them help. To say it was difficult would be an understatement. Not only were they pretty bad at social skills, but they were struggling to get used to everything here. It didn't help that Ragnarok was a little shit.

Despite this, Maka wasn't giving up on them, and was helping them as best as she could. Ann was still on the fence about this, which is understandable considering the previous encounters they had. Anyways, for Crona's first mission with the DWMA, they were in Loof Village to investigate a strange situation.

Maka: so this is Loof Village, huh? They sure do have a lot of chimneys.

Soul: that's because they make so many golems here.

Ann: yeah. There's probably a kiln in every house.

Ragnarok: (appears and giggles) now let's eat us some souls!

Crona: things have changed. That isn't how we operate anymore. We're gonna do things differently now that we're students at the academy.

They then hear stomping, and see a man riding a golem as it walks. Since the town specializes in them, this is pretty common around here.

Maka: I wonder where this supposedly berserk golem that we need to find is hiding.

Ann: let's look around and ask for details.

They walk around, and noticed how the people were looking skeptical at them. No one told them about the golem, until they come across a man with a nose ring, and blonde spiked hair.

???: I'm guessing you're here because you heard about our incident. You're looking for the golem, the one that's gone berserk?

Ann: we are, Mr...?

Giriko: my name's Giriko. I'm an enchanter. (Turns to lead) I'll show you the way, just follow me.

Ann's Thoughts: something's up with that guy.

Reluctantly, they followed him to a forest where even the trees were like chimneys and kilns. After a bit, they start to get suspicious of their guide.

Soul: hey, how much further until we reach the golem?

Giriko: we're almost there.

Soul: yeah right. That's what you keep telling us. You and your village are really starting to creep me out, dude.

Maka: be quite, Soul. There's no need to be rude.

Ann: actually, that's something I've been wondering too. Why is everyone acting off about us when they specifically called us to help?

Giriko: the villagers here make their living by creating golems and exporting them to other countries. The golems ward off evil, if you put them by your front door. You see, everyone is afraid of the unknown.

Soul: (bitter) so what you're trying to say now is we're evil.

Maka: why are you getting so angry at him? He never said anything like that.

Ann: not in so many words maybe, but that's what they're thinking. But tell me, what is the point of this philosophical point of view?

Giriko: the truth is, we want to live in peace and quiet. We don't like it much when strangers come to our village. Which is why we try to adopt the calm of the golem to avoid conflict. In the end, everyone is the same. We all have evil inside us. Even someone who wears a mask of goodness, (turns to them) he can still have pitch darkness in his heart, you see.