Chapter 19: INTERNAL INVESTIGATION - A GOD BECOMES DEMON?

The scene shows the outside of the Shimada household. A few days have passed since the events of Lost Island, and things are beginning to change around for the academy. As Cole, his parents, and Ann were finishing getting ready for their day, they discussed on the events going on.

Cole: have we gotten anymore leads on Arachnophobia?

Genji: none, I'm afraid. Now that they're in possession of Brew, they'll likely want to remain hiding until they make their next big move. In the meantime, Lord Death is looking into the possibility of a traitor in our mitts.

Ann: what makes him say that?

Angela: part of it is the attack on the island. The other part is regarding Stein's condition.

Cole: oh yeah, I've been wondering about that. What happened in the field that made you and Uncle Hanzo nearly kill him?

Genji: when we came in there, things were fine at first, but as we got closer to the time limit, Stein started laughing, and looking crazy. Enough to the point where he nearly lashed out at one of us.

Angela: we thought it was potentially the effects of the field, but upon closer examination, it was as if his soul had come into contact with a darker energy from outside the field.

Genji: Hanzo's on his way there now, but he's going to meet with B.J. to try and get to the bottom of this.

Ann: who's B.J.?

Angela: he's an investigator with a unique ability to tell sub-fluctuations in a soul. And, a former Meister. If anyone can find a traitor, or at least a clue leading to one, it's him.

Genji: he'll be interviewing the teachers and the students involved with the Brew Operation today. I suggest you both be ready for it.

Ann and Cole: right.

Angela: and one more thing, Cole. I talked with Tsubaki about it, and neither you or Blackstar are to use Enchanted Sword Mode for the time being.

Cole: why not?

*DWMA DISPENSARY (same time)*

Blackstar: how come? I don't get why not.

Naigus: you've suffered virtually no lingering effects from the magnetic field on Lost Island.

Blackstar: so then why?! You're telling me never to use enchanted sword mode? Ever again? I need that power. It doesn't make sense.

Naigus: didn't I show you the x-ray?

She pulls it up again to show Blackstar's ribcage with his soul visible.

Naigus: look. Your soul's on the verge of collapse because you've been controlling the sword by force. Normally you'd have died before it got this bad.

Blackstar: I won't die. I transcend the gods. "Normal" doesn't apply!!

Naigus: stop all that absurd posturing and listen to me—you will die. You're a human being, not a god.

The boy looked irritated and angered by the nurse's words, but just turns to leave the room.

Blackstar: what a nag. Say whatever you want—

Naigus: Angela and I already told Tsubaki about this. She promised she wouldn't transform into enchanted sword again for either you or Cole.

Blackstar: what does the Nephilim have to do with this?

Naigus: that's confidential between the doctor and patient. Bottom line—you're not—

Blackstar: I'm using Enchanted Sword! If I stopped, then I'd really be dead. (Exits)