Chapter 1: FIRST DAY - COLE GETS IN A FIGHT?

The scene shows Maka waiting outside with the others. Today was the first day for Ann and Cole, and Maka was more excited to see her big sister again. She was anxiously looking at the time, wondering when they'll arrive.

Soul: you know, it's not gonna go faster if you keep staring at the watch like that.

Maka: (looks up) hm? Oh, right. Sorry. I guess I'm just anxious to see her.

Soul: well, you're the one who wanted to get up early to see them. They're probably on their way.

Blackstar: they better be so I can challenge them! Especially that blindfolded guy.

Kid: (arrives with Liz and Patty) hey guys. Did we miss anything?

Maka: no, nothing yet. And, since when do you get here on time?

Liz: Patty and I practically dragged his ass here cause he wouldn't stop double checking everything.

Soul: that sounds about right.

Tsubaki: well, did you see Ann and Cole?

Kid: I believe we saw them at the café. They should be here soon.

Down at said café, the duo exit it in their normal attire and have drinks in their hands.

Cole: on to the academy?

Ann: yep. I'm not sure, but I think Maka's waiting for us there. And, neither of your parents were at the house, so they must be there already.

Cole: well, since they're staff members, it'd make sense. What about you? I know you and your family aren't exactly on best of terms.

Ann: Maka and I are good. It's my parents I have a problem with.

Cole: from what you've told me about your dad, I can see why. But, why not your mom?

Ann: after the divorce, she practically buried herself in work. She left Maka with Spirit, and the only thing I last heard from her was a postcard saything she was gonna do some traveling. I get that Maka looks up to her so much, but I don't think I can really move past all of that.

Cole: I'll keep outta this, but it definitely sounds like you could use a friend to talk to. Luckily, that's why I'm here.

Ann: thanks, Cole.

The two then head up the stairs and arrived at the front entrance. There, Maka runs over and hugs Ann, and she smiles and returns it.

Maka: Ann, it's so good to see you.

Ann: you two, sis. (They break the hug) what are you doing up this early?

Maka: just wanted to see my big sis and show her around.

Ann: sure, sounds good. (Gestures to Cole) Maka, meet Cole Shimada. My partner.

Cole: (bows in respect) it's a pleasure to meet you, Maka. Ann told me quite a lot about you.

Maka: nice to meet you too, Cole.

Soul: (walks over with the others) Maka, introduce us.

Maka: oh yeah. Ann, Cole, these are my friends from the school. This is Soul, my Weapon partner.

Soul: sup.

Maka: Tsubaki.

Tsubaki: (smiles) hello.

Maka: Death the Kid, we call him Kid for short.

Kid: you both hold perfect symmetry. I believe we'll be good friends.