Chapter 26: COLE VS TSUBAKI - EMBRACING CHAOS TO BREAK MADNESS?

Picking up where we left off, the scene shows Tsubaki facing off against a madness infused Cole as he was ready for a fight. Cole lungs at her as she dodged away and gets some distance while trying to reach him.

Tsubaki: Cole, I'm not here to fight.

Cole: you're going to have to if you want to live. Or do you only fight when that loud-mouth dumbass of a partner of yours is here?

He throws a couple punches and she blocks and avoids them.

Cole: stop holding back! You showed your drive when you fought your brother, so do it again!

Jumping up, Cole readies to slam down, but Tsubaki moves away, and actually tries to throw a few hits in.

Tsubaki: I'm trying to help you, Cole. Madness isn't the answer.

Cole: but it really is. For once, I can see with my own eyes now, and no one will ever take it from me again!

They trade strike after strike until Cole pushes her back to the house. He stops and looks at her. His face then showed conflict.

Cole: why? Why did you kept coming back?

*FLASHBACK*

A younger Cole was shown trying to get away from kids, but he was struggling as he was blind.

Cole: people have always shunned me down. My whole life since that day!

The younger him was then seen alone as people purposely avoided him.

And then as a teen, it was no better as people didn't want him as a Meister or weapon partner. And when he did offer to be one or the other, he was met with people hitting him.

Cole: all because of my damn eyes, they saw me as a weakling. A liability that no one wanted as a partner. So why...?

*FLASHBACK*

Tsubaki: will you still be our friend? Please say you will.

*FLASHBACK ENDS*

Cole: why did you choose to be friends with a mistake like me?

He gets close to her, and grabs her by the neck and began punching her in the abdomen.

Cole: I've given you more than enough reasons to hate me. The changes in your soul, the pain you feel when I get it, the near death experience from being shoved into my own drama. All of it's justifications to why I'm this way!

Cole then throws her off as Tsubaki takes a moment to recover.

Cole: I've brought nothing but problems to my parents, my partner, and my friends. But none of it will matter anyways. Once I reclaim what's mine, I'll never be a problem again. And... you can find someone who's better for you than me.

That last part was quite, but Tsubaki heard it. She soon stands up and she looks angry now.

Tsubaki: that's enough, Cole!

The tone of her voice was a surprise as she usually doesn't shout or get mad. But when she does, it's like speaking to a different person.

Tsubaki: you're not a mistake! Don't you dare think you're nothing but one! I chose to be your friend because you're a good person with a good heart. Everyone right now is risking their lives to save you and Kid because you're our friends. And... I've made my decision.

Cole: what?

Tsubaki: don't you remember? Before Blackstar and I left, you asked what we are. I've thought of it, and I know my answer. But I need to bring you back, first. (Gets in a fighting stance) so if it's a fight you want, then you got it.