iv. nine months - flashback

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER FOUR:

NINE MONTHS (FLASHBACK)

★ ★ ★

    It had been six months since Sirius and Magnolia gave their baby girl to Remus. It was exactly six months to this day.

     In the beginning, it was the worst, it was only a day that they had her for. Aurora Black managed to change both their lives more than they could explain in one day. The way she was brought into the world was unacceptable: she was cut from Magnolia's stomach - which took months to heal - and was brought into this cruel world. They had one day with her: time wasn't enough. They needed an infinitive amount of time with her. That was all the two of them wanted. They spent the entire day, her first day in this world, right beside her, trying to memorise every single detail of her small face.

    The second day the two of them were a mess, neither of them tried to hide it. It was the worst day of their lives at the time, neither of them slept, ate, or even spoke to one another. Everything felt painful. She was a thousand miles away, they had no idea where either: Remus decided it was best that they did not know in case something happened and someone found out where she was. She could have been anywhere, up in a cabin in the mountains, in a different country (which would have probably been the safest), she could have been living in a small cottage with Remus in the middle of the woods.

    Neither of them knew and it ate away at them every single day.

       After the first month, they reminded themselves it was the best for her. She needed to be safe. Their daughter needed to be safe and protected from the evil people who were trying to find her.

      She would never even know about the circumstances of her upbringing into the world until all of Marcos' following was gone from the world. Neither of them ever wanted her to feel any bit of fear at the thought of those people.

        She was not a normal child, they both accepted and understood that but she deserved a normal life: she deserved unlimited happiness.

       That's what kept them going the first month, knowing they needed to do it. They knew it was the best thing for her.

       (It was hard not being able to get any letters or even know what she looked like? Did she have black or brown hair? What did she look like? Did her eyes change a different colour?)

       They had no idea.

        However, after the first month, it felt like it got worse if that was even possible. They both started to desperately need to know something, needed to know what she was like if she was happy if she was safe. It was eating away at them every passing hour. Magnolia sobbed throughout the house every single day, Sirius tried to remain there for her, he tried to be strong but he knew how she felt. A piece of them was missing.