xxvi. battle of hogwarts part 2

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX:

BATTLE OF HOGWARTS (Part two)

★ ★ ★

           Aurora thought when she saw Pierre for the first time, she would only feel happiness, but she found herself swarmed with flashing images of what happened to her the last time she saw him.

          Nonetheless, she found a small smile, a relieved exhausted smile had formed on her lips. She stopped all movements for some time, just a few seconds, maybe she was in partial shock that he was here. She had sort of thought that maybe something happened to her, or perhaps he had been mad at her for never telling him where she was hiding, she did find it weird that he didn't show up to Hogsmeade, but she was sure there was an explanation. He still appeared the same as the last time she saw him, a very clean and lawyer type look.

A relieved expression was on her face, one that affirmed that she and Pierre were in fact still on the same side, and he did pledge his loyalty to her. His expression told her that as well. He looked happy to see her.

"You're here." Aurora blinked. Naturally, her eyes drifted to his effortlessly clean suit. Not exactly the most appropriate outfit to wear during a battle. "And you're wearing a suit."

"That I am," He confirmed, with a pleasant nod in her direction. She almost forgot how strong and remarkably similar his accent was to Runskin's. "And you're covered in blood .... how rare."

Her lips twitched lightly, resisting a smirk. "Yes, it is rare for me."

"We need to talk." Pierre stated. His eyes glanced to the individuals behind her. "Preferably alone."

Ron stepped forward, "Like bloody hell you will."

"Not to put a downer on everything but we're still in the middle of a fight right now, and we're losing." George mentioned, letting out a small cough from all the flying particles of air. There were still screaming going on around them, but they were secluded in their small part of the castle.

Aurora had forgotten about the rest of them standing behind her. For those few moments, she found herself replaying every event that happened in her life over the last few months and how Pierre was the reason she stood here today. Without him, she would have been dead. Her corpse would have remained on the island, and she would most likely just be bones scattered around the bottom of the ocean. She wouldn't have been anything anymore. The months Aurora spent in that place was the second worst of her life, and she had no intention of forgetting the person who helped her escape that place: the person who risked his life for her without even really knowing the real her.