xxiii. the hospital*

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE:

THE HOSPITAL

{a/n; this the the longest chapter I've ever written, good luck)

★ ★ ★

She landed down on the ground, groaning, and spluttering her words out. "What the actual fuck did you two just do?!"

             She had no idea where she had opened the portal to and couldn't even think straight enough to open another one. She was thinking of Hogsmeade or at least that's what she was trying to think of. If Aurora was being honest, her mind was in a state of disbelief right now. Instead, she turned away from them and looked around. They were in the middle of some sort of dead-end road,

                "Where the hell are we?" Ron asked eventually.

                Aurora whirled around, shouting, "I don't know because Harry here decided to grab my hand mid spell and I lost focus of where I was going!"

              Harry sheepishly rubbed the back of his head, there was dust in his hair. "I'm sorry."

              "It's fine, love." Aurora said, avoiding his eye. "Just a bit of warning next time."

             The real reason she messed up the spell was because the second she felt his fingertips wrap around her arm, the touch was overpowering and took over her thoughts.

              "What just happened back there—" Harry began to ask.

              "No idea what you're talking about."

              Aurora didn't have time to even acknowledge what happened. Instead, she looked around the place, finding it vaguely familiar. She did remember thinking of Hogsmeade and something told her they were close. "I think we're near the train station at Hogsmeade."

              "Hogsmeade as in Scotland?" Ron retorted with bulging eyes. "Why the bloody hell are we here?!"

             "Are we just gonna slide by what happened back there on the island?" Harry asked, looking at Aurora, with his hands on his hips.

         He'd grown since the last time she saw him.

             "What happened on the island?" Aurora retorted, before switching conversation back to Ron. "Yeah, I definitely think we're close to the station.... I think if we follow this road......we end up in Hogwarts."

         Harry's brows furrowed and now he was starting to think he was imaging it.

           Aurora felt sick to her stomach knowing that if she went in the opposite direction that she would end up in Hogwarts: essentially her home for six years. She loathed the fact that a lump formed in her throat over the thought of seeing that place.