Chapter 11

After our little talk, Roman dismissed himself without telling me whatever important information had him at my door so early. I didn't mind though and I went back to sleep, catching up on what was wasted. I felt a little better about the entire situation though, now that I knew the truth. It didn't stop me from feeling wary about sleeping with a man in a relationship, even if it wasn't real. To others, it was.

The rest of my weekend was smooth just how I wanted. I finished reading two books and didn't hear a peep from Roman after Friday, which was okay with me. I still needed to process everything. Monday came quickly and I was back to running for files for Lisa. At this point, I was used to it. It became part of my routine. The one thing that kept me going and kept me from yelling at Roman to assign me to someone else, was that she wouldn't be able to do this forever. She would eventually have to teach me something about the marketing position because its space needs to be filled. So here I was, Lisa's personal file runner. She didn't speak to me unless she was telling me which file to get for her. I knew she had a personal assistant somewhere, but I had yet to meet this person. The person who was probably happy they didn't have to do this anymore.

"Get me the file on the history of marketing strategies. Specifically, for staying one step ahead of your competitors." Lisa wrote it on a sticky note before handing it to me, not even looking up at me, just focused on her laptop. I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes and grabbed the sticky note, reading what she wrote.

"This is too broad. It's going to take me forever to find this. Can you be more specific?" I asked, not really in the mood to search the entire room. Lisa stopped typing and slowly looked up at me, annoyance gracing her features.

"No." Was all she said before resuming her typing. My nostrils flared as I tried to keep my anger in check.

"If you would like this file sooner than an hour, I would suggest being more specific." My tone was snippy, and I didn't even try to conceal it. She looked up sharply, narrowing her eyes at my tone.

"Watch yourself, Moore, I'm not in the mood for your attitude. I don't care how long it takes you to get the file. You can take all day if you please, just get me the damn file." Her tone was sharp, and I glared at her, unmoving. I could not stand this woman. I continued to glare at her until she dismissed me with a wave before looking back down at her laptop.

"Bitch," I muttered under my breath before turning to the door. She said to take all day if I wanted, and that was exactly what I was going to do. I would make her wait for this useless file all day.

"What did you say?" Lisa asked sharply as I opened the door. I didn't even respond. I just left, shutting the door semi-hard behind me. She could try and figure that out herself. I grumbled to myself about this stupid file all the way to the file room. Once I reached the room, I turned on the light, sighing and taking in the entire room. It was a pretty big room with aisles of storage for files. I sighed and started with what was in front of me and then I'd work my way to the back. Marketing strategies for staying one step ahead of your competitors. She said to get her the file as if it was only one. What if there were multiple? Would she want me to bring her all of them? She didn't even give me time to ask those questions. Now if she would've said to get her one on the marketing strategies for staying ahead of a specific company, that would've helped a lot. I would just give her all of the files.

I was in a zone as I rifled through the files.

"Hey, I need a file, ASAP." A voice interrupted my thoughts and I paused for a quick second, frowning at the order. I didn't recognize the voice. I continued my search for the file.