Chapter 35

"Drakos, we need to talk. Now." Colton demanded as he slammed the door shut. He stalked toward the desk and when he saw me, he paused. He let out a loud laugh. "Oh, that's just perfect. Of course, you guys would be together at this moment for this news."

            His words sent a chill down my spine.

            "What news?" I asked, trying to sound uninterested. He looked at me with disgust on his face.

            "You really have me looking like a fool now. I hope you're happy about that." He hissed in my direction and Roman cleared his throat.

            "Colton, get on with why you're here. You're wasting my time." He sounded bored, but I knew he wanted to know what Colton was talking about just as badly as I did. Colton chuckled and swiped something on his phone, walking to me. He gave me his phone and I grabbed it, looking at what he was trying to show us. My mouth dropped. On his phone from an article that was published earlier today, was a picture of me with Roman in the elevator in New York. The screengrab was obviously from a security camera, and it showed me against the wall of the elevator and my head was thrown back with a look of pleasure on it with Roman pressed up against me, his lips on the side of my neck. He had one arm wrapped around my waist, his other hand gripping my ass. It was one thing feeling all of that, and another to see it. I looked high off of ecstasy. I was in that moment. There was no denying this picture.

            "Oh, you should scroll. There's more." Colton had a smirk on his face that irked me, but I did what he said. The next picture was of us still in the elevator, but we were kissing passionately, my hands gripping his hair. This was bad. So bad. I looked up at Roman to see that he was staring at me, a strained look on his face. He could probably tell from my expression that it wasn't good. I handed him the phone and he looked at the pictures himself. His jaw was clenched so hard, I swear his teeth would shatter from the force. He was surprisingly calm when he handed the phone back to Colton and he folded his hands on his desk.

            "Leave us." Roman dismissed Colton and he scoffed, glancing at me.

            "I-"

            "Did I stutter?" Roman glared at Colton and his nostrils flared before he stormed out of the room. The office was silent afterward. I didn't dare say a word. This was out for the world to see already. There was nothing we could do about that. No amount of damage control could fix this. There was solid proof to the world that Roman was cheating on his girlfriend, and I was cheating on Colton. Or maybe people would guess that the relationship was a scam to begin with. I didn't know. I just wanted Roman to say something, anything, instead of staring into space with a look I couldn't even decipher. I let a solid minute pass before I said anything.

            "What happens now?" I kept my voice low, not wanting to disrupt whatever he had going on in his head. He rubbed his chin before staring at his hands.

            "I have no idea." His voice was thick with emotion, and I felt terrible. I knew his dad would berate him, Lisa would probably do the same thing, and Colton was already pissed. Granted, it was his name and image that looked bad because of my actions, so I felt only a little bad for him. But Roman would get the worst of it. Well, technically I would get the worst of it because I was the female, but he was the face of an actual company that the world knew. This couldn't be good for him.

            "I'm so sorry," I whispered when silence filled the office again. I was staring at my own hands, fiddling with them. I was the reason all of this was happening in his life.

            "Sorry? What for?" Roman sounded surprised and I looked up to see that he was. There was a confused look on his face as he stared at me. I gestured all around me.