Chapter 36

Spending the weekend with Davis was relaxing yet hectic at the same time. He wanted to get my mind off of the situation I was in, so he dragged me all over the city, going from club to club and even taking me to different house parties. Though none of that was my type of scene anymore, it was nice to get my mind off of Roman and the picture. I made sure to steer clear of any social media and news so that I wouldn't be reminded of what was going on. I knew it was bad though because the innocent picture of us caused a frenzy. I didn't even want to know what Grayson had planned for me now for damage control.

            The weekend was coming to an end now, which meant my freedom was as well. It was Sunday night, and I was sitting in bed with my laptop out, contemplating handing in my resignation. I wasn't sure if I would be able to handle all of the hate and frenzy that would come with being exposed the way I was and I honestly wasn't sure if I wanted to find out. As I stared at a blank document on my laptop, my phone rang. I glanced at the caller ID and sighed when I saw who was calling. It was Colton.

            "Yes?" I answered the phone, readying myself for any of his verbal blows.

            "Hey, I just wanted to call and apologize." He spoke and my brows dipped at his words.

            "For what?"

            He cleared his throat. "For the way that I spoke to you when the news came out. I had no right to speak to you that way. I should've come to you privately with the information and not the way that I did. I'm sorry."

            His apology honestly shocked me. I didn't even think about the way he approached me with the information other than that day. To me, he had every right to be pissed at a picture of me and Roman making out in an elevator. It was him that was going to look really bad as well even though it was my actions. 

            "Thank you for your apology. Though you were a little aggressive with the way you came at me, I understand why. I need you to know that I never meant for anything like this to happen. I hope you don't get too much hate for it." I told him truthfully. He sighed.

            "Don't worry about me. I'll find some way to bounce back. It's you I'm worried about. Have you thought about what you're going to do and say? Especially for how you're going to deal with Grayson?"

            I groaned at his words. "Don't remind me. I'll think of something." I looked at the blank document on my screen. It seemed to be the best option. But was it something I really wanted to do? I wasn't even sure.

            "You got this, I believe in you. Have a great night, alright?"

            "You too."

            He ended the call and I huffed, leaning back into my pillows. There was so much to think about, and I barely had any time to do it. Tomorrow was a workday, and I had no doubts that Grayson would force me into a meeting with everyone. That wasn't something I wanted to deal with. Something vibrated next to my leg and I glanced down to see that someone was calling me. Roman was calling me.

            "What's up?" I answered the phone, hoping this call wasn't going to upset me. I didn't need more stress piled on to my already stressful situation.

            "Hey, sorry to bother you at this time. I just remembered I never got to tell you why I called you to my office. I was going to warn you."

            "About what?" I asked, sitting up straighter. This seemed like it might be serious.

            "It's about the pictures." He paused and I stayed silent but anxious to hear the rest. Were there more? Did they catch us in his hotel room? My heart wouldn't stop pounding quickly in my chest. "Someone reached out to me and told me that they had the pictures and would leak them if I didn't make a deal with someone."