Chapter 24

I wasn't satisfied. I wanted more, but Colton fell asleep. Granted, it was very late, almost 5 a.m. at this point, but still. I was lying on my back in Colton's bed, staring at the ceiling. I was tired, but I couldn't fall asleep because my body was still on fire, still wanted hands to roam it, to feel it, to caress it. I wanted more kisses on every part of my body. I wanted to feel the pressure of hands squeezing my skin, gripping my ass, teeth grazing and nibbling. Colton gave me some of that, but he was gentler with me, despite me letting him know he could be rougher. He treated me like I was a delicate flower and the only thing that made up for it was that he was a great lay. I knew I needed to sleep because I had to work in a few hours, but sleep wouldn't come. It was frustrating. As I laid there, waiting for sleep to come, something vibrated. I glanced over at the nightstand by me and saw that my phone lit up. I reached over and grabbed it, unlocking it to see who was messaging me so early in the morning. It was Roman. I opened his message and it only said two words.

Call me.

Did he expect me to be up at this time? Or was this a message for whenever I woke up? I shouldn't even be entertaining his message simply for the fact that it didn't even have a please in it, but I did anyway. Slowly sliding off the bed, I grabbed a discarded shirt from the floor and pulled it over my naked body. I glanced back to see that Colton was still sleeping, his breathing even. I slipped out of his room as quietly as possible and made my way down the stairs before calling Roman.

"You're up."

"I am." I ignored the way my body reacted to how deep his voice was. His accent was thick on his tongue this early in the morning. "What do you want?" I asked when he only hummed in response.

"Are you home?"

"No."

"Where are you?"

"Why are you interrogating me?"

"Why are you dodging the question?" He wondered and I could just hear the curiosity in his tone. I huffed, swinging my legs as I got more comfortable on the kitchen counter.

"I'm at Colton's place." For some reason, my voice lowered as I answered, and I waited for his response. It was silent on his end for a few long seconds before he chuckled. There was no humor whatsoever in it.

"You spent the night." That wasn't a question.

"I did." I hated that I felt guilty all of a sudden admitting that to him. I didn't owe him anything.

"Did you fuck him?" His voice was low, and I rolled my eyes. Of course, he would ask that question.

"That's none of your business."

He chuckled again. "Of course, you did." He was pissed.

"Roman, what do you want? Why did you want me to call you?" I sighed, not wanting to get into an argument right now. I could feel that sleep was slowly creeping, trying to take over.

"I just want you to know that you're back to working with Lisa again. Starting today."

I slid off the counter, protesting already. "What happened to shadowing you? You know I'd much rather be with you than your moody girlfriend."

"Well, this isn't about what you want. It's about what you're going to do as an employee of my company. I hope you got some sleep because today is going to be a long day. Be ready." He hung up. I stood there and stared at the phone, mouth agape. His mood swings were giving me whiplash and I couldn't keep up with it. Was he punishing me because I slept with Colton, or because of this situation in general? I didn't know the answer. I made my way back upstairs and quietly slipped back inside Colton's room. After placing my phone on the nightstand, I went under the sheets and immediately fell asleep.