Chapter 44

Roman wanted me to spend the night again after a few more orgasms, but I really wanted to go home to my own bed and also see Davis, so I declined. He understood and told me to let him know when I got home. As I drove away from his house, I thought about Colton and how he was so close, I could probably make a stop at his place. The pictures of me and Roman appeared in my head and I decided not to visit him. Honestly, I was a little worried that he would be upset from seeing me, and I didn't care to hear his disappointment. Granted, I wouldn't know how he would feel about seeing me in person again until I actually approach him if he doesn't approach me, but I don't know. Sometimes I liked to just avoid conflict. The drive out of the posh neighborhood was smooth, but as soon as I turned the corner out of the neighborhood, I gasped.

            "She's over there! Violett! Did you just come from Roman's house or Colton? Are you coming back here tonight?" Tons of paparazzi yelled at me from the sidewalk, cameras flashing. I hit the gas, careful not to hit any of them, and booked it out of there. They ran after my car, but of course, they couldn't catch up. My heart was beating quickly, and I kept checking my mirrors to make sure I wasn't being followed. When I felt like the coast was clear, I exhaled and tried to calm my heart down. What the hell? How did they even know I was there? I knew being exposed would warrant a lot of media attention, but not like this. I wasn't expecting this. Dialing Roman's number, I waited for him to pick up.

            "Are you home?" he asked as soon as he answered the phone.

            "Not yet. A bunch of paps ambushed me as I was trying to leave. I think I lost them though." I glanced in all my mirrors to make sure I was still in the clear.

            "What? Are you okay? Where are you now?" Roman sounded concerned for me and I warmed at the thought that he worried about my safety.

            "I'm okay, no one followed me and I'm still on the way back to my house. I should be there in a few minutes."

            "No, you should come back to my place. I have gates and everything to keep you protected and out of their hair."

            I shook my head even though he couldn't see me. "I want to go home Roman, I'm sure no one followed me. Thank you for your concern though. I'll let you know when I'm home as planned." I reassured him and he sighed.

            "Fine. Stay safe, love."

            "I will." I hung up the phone, tossing it in the other seat. The rest of the ride home went without any hiccups and when I parked in my space in front of my apartment building, I sighed in relief. Home sweet home. As I walked up the stairs, I realized I missed being home more than I thought and I was only gone for less than two days. So much has happened in a small amount of time, making it seem like so much time passed. When I opened my door, I expected Davis to greet me, but only a lavender smell greeted me and quiet. I went inside and locked the door and went straight to my room, tossing my bags on the ground. I would come back for them later. I went to Davis' room to see if he was home, but his room was empty. He was probably out, which was normal. I didn't mind spending time alone and that was exactly what I did. I hadn't read much of the news surrounding me and Roman, so I decided to sit down and see what people were talking about after I got settled. I almost regretted opening up my laptop. The first headline I saw was "Colton's girlfriend is a homewrecker?". I gritted my teeth and I scrolled through more headlines and the more I read, the thicker skin I got. They said the most disgusting things about me, and this was just the media. I didn't want to see what regular people were saying about me. I knew that would be even worse and I wasn't sure if I was prepared for that right now.

            "I wonder when this will all be yesterday's news." I mused out loud as I closed my laptop. That was enough browsing for me. For the rest of the day, I just sat in front of the television watching action films until it was time to go to bed. Davis wasn't back home yet, and I sent him a quick text to be safe before heading to bed. He texted back saying same and I was able to relax and sleep comfortably knowing he was all good.