Chapter 25

After work, I went straight home to change and freshen up before I went to the studio.

"Finally, she's home! I've missed you! Catch me up on everything!" Davis yelled as soon as I opened the door. A large smile grew on my face and my heart warmed when he attacked me with the biggest hug he could give. I didn't realize how much I missed him until now.

"I will, I promise. First, tell me about your trip." I smiled as he told me about his adventures and his conquests. He said he thinks he found the love of his life and I chuckled, wondering if that was actually true this time. I swear he found the love of his life every week. After he finished his story, I told him about everything that had been happening, including the fake relationship. Davis' eyes were wide as I told him, and he clapped his hands at the end of my story.

"So that's why you're the talk of the town! Have you seen the articles written about you? You're apparently loved by the paps and the media. Of course, there are a few haters here and there, but you are definitely popular with the ones that matter." He pulled up a bunch of articles, showing me what the media was saying about me. I tried my best to smile and read through them, but just looking at them reminded me about Roman's father and Roman himself, how he was acting toward me. I didn't tell Davis about that part because I just wanted to keep that to myself for now.

"I just can't wait for all of this to be over so I can be free. But for now, I am keeping up the ruse. I'm actually meeting Colton in a little bit to check out his art studio." I told Davis and his eyes lit up.

"He has an art studio?!" He loved art himself and I told him that I haven't been to it yet and that it would be my first time seeing it, but I would definitely bring him to see it one day if I could. I had to start getting ready, so I had him follow me as we talked more about our lives, updating each other on as much as possible. Once I was finished getting ready, I told Davis not to wait up and he wiggled his eyebrows at me, which I rolled my eyes at playfully. He was always thinking about dirty deeds. Not that I was any better. The drive to the address Colton gave me was a smooth one and took me deep into the city, close to my job. The studio was on a small corner of a random, but clean street. There was a simple sign that read ART on it. Subtle. I parked my car in one of the two available spots in front of the studio and entered the space. Cool air automatically hit me, and I smiled when I was welcomed by a white hallway with walls decorated with art pieces. 

I took in all of the pieces and they spanned from different dragons and mythical creatures to beautiful meadows and forests. After checking out quite a few of the paintings, I looked around for Colton. He said he would be here at around this time. I walked around the studio until I came across a space in the back that was filled with different sized easels and the smell of paint was strong. I felt at home already. I walked deeper into the space and spotted Colton in the back, an easel in front of him with a large canvas sitting on top of it. He looked concentrated on what he was doing, wearing a brown apron over his body with nothing but black sweatpants on underneath. The apron had many different colors of paint on it and there was a paintbrush in between his teeth. That made me smile. As I walked closer, I could see that his brows were dipping as he stroked his brush across the canvas.

"Seems like you're creating a masterpiece," I commented as I reached him and he jumped slightly, green eyes growing wide as my voice broke his concentration. When our eyes met, he grinned around the brush in his mouth and quickly pulled it out, tossing it on the table next to him with all of his things.

"Ah, you made it! Welcome to my studio." He took the apron off, exposing his inked skin and I went straight into his open arms, giving him a hug. He smelled like paint and wood, which was oddly satisfying. When he pulled back, he looked down at me, glancing at my lips. I knew what he wanted, so I gave it to him. I got up on my toes and pressed my lips to his gently and he responded immediately, deepening the kiss and leaving me breathless.