The Library

Aiden looked around and his eyes landed on the girl sitting in the corner of the room. 

She was surrounded by books, and her hair fell to a little above her waist. He fiddled with his camera a little and took a shaky breath. 

He was going to do it. 

He was going to ask for help from a random stranger who looked about his age. 

He could do this. 

"Excuse me?"

The girl didn't respond and kept her eyes fixated upon the book. 

He lightly tapped her shoulder and she turned around taking an earpiece out of her ear. Aiden, who expected someone completely different, was surprised and confused. In front of him was none other than Aru Shah. 

"Aru?" he said, at the same time Aru said, "Wifey?"

Aiden rolled his eyes, "Again with the nickname? Can't you guys just stop using it?" 

"Nope!" Aru popped the 'p' and stood up, "So, what are you doing here?" 

"Oh, I was just looking for this book." 

Aiden showed Aru the tiny crumpled piece of paper with 'Life of Pi' scribbled on it with messy handwriting. 

"Life of Pi? Oh, I love that book!" Aru grabbed Aiden by his wrist and dragged him away. 

They passed shelves filled with books until they finally reached the 'M' section. Aru ran to the middle of the shelf and pulled out a copy of Life of Pi and then handed it to Aiden. 

"There you go. Is that it?" 

"Uh, yeah."

"AIDEN! OH MY GOSH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" A voice screeched. 

A librarian speed-walked over and made shushed them loudly. Aru and Aiden turned around and Aiden winced like he had been punched in the gut. 

It was Poppy and Arielle. 

"Good God-" Aru mumbled under her breath, so only Aiden could hear. 

Poppy rolled her eyes and then plastered on a fake smile, "Aiden! I can't believe you came here the same day as us! Wow! How convenient!" Poppy exclaimed. The librarian from before popped her head from another shelf and shushed Poppy loudly again. 

"I'm not surprised..." Aru mumbled, "Anyways, I'll see you around Aiden." 

With that, Aru tried to walk away. 

Tried

Aiden grabbed her arm and looked at her with a look that clearly said: Help. Aru grumbled something and stood next to Aiden, making him smile gratefully at her. 

"Oh. Aru. I didn't know you were here." Arielle sneered. 

Aru looked around and made a run for it before Aiden chased after her, "Shah, please? Just once. I cannot stand these two." he pleaded. 

Aru caved in and turned around, and yelped to see Poppy and Arielle standing there impatiently. 

"Are you going to leave yet?" Poppy asked, tapping her foot on the floor and crossing her arms. 

"No. I shall support my absolutely innocent friend from being stampeded by monstrous beings." Aru proclaimed and Arielle scrunched her perfectly shaped eyebrows. 

"Uh, what monstrous beings?" she asked. 

"You." Aru turned away and dragged Aiden with her before Poppy grabbed Aiden's other hand. 

"He's OURS!" she screeched. 

The librarian once again came over and shushed Poppy. 

"Sometimes I wonder if she's a demon.." Aru mumbled and pulled Aiden towards her again. 

Poppy pulled Aiden towards her again, and soon, it was a game of tug of war. With Aiden as the rope. 

"Girls. Maybe we can figure this out verbally-?"

"Hey Aiden, wanna go get some Starbucks with me?" Arielle asked. 

"Uh, well, I have some homework-"

"How about ice cream with me?" Poppy asked. 

"I don't think that changes the fact that I have homework-"

"Aiden, your mom is texting you..." Aru said, pointing at his pocket which was beeping with light every few seconds as text messages from Aiden's mom popped up on the screen with a list of groceries. 

Wifey really does get the groceries, doesn't he? Wait till Brynne finds out! Aru thought. 

His home screen seemed a bit familiar though. It was a picture of someone yet who it was wasn't clear. 

"Girls, LEAVE HIM BE! You're all too boy-crazy!" The librarian shrieked. Poppy and Arielle let go of Aiden. 

"Kids these days.." the librarian muttered to herself. 

Aru glanced at her watch and her eyes widened when she realized that she was 30 minutes late for training. 

"OH SHOOT AIDEN! TRAINING!" she whisper-shouted. 

"Oh no-" Aiden was interrupted by Aru grabbing him by the wrist and dragging him out of the library. 

 Sorry for the really short chapter, but at least I updated!

The next one-shots will actually be an entire story thing. It will be an AU by the way. Not sure when it'll come out, but hopefully soon!

Au revoir!