Comfort

fluff
like tooth-rotting fluff

warning; very out of character and mostly written for my comfort ugh

-

Opening the door, it was quiet and dark. The door creaked and the only source of light was the lamppost outside. Tom had just returned home from his job, the same job from which he had to wake up at 4am and get back home at 10pm. The brit's eyes barely adjusted to the dark, his eyes tired and muscles aching from the constant, non-stop use. Kicking off his shoes and placing his coat on the rack, Tom locked the door behind him and checked the time.  

11:08pm

The eyeless male let out a dramatic groan to himself, a huff of frustration heard throughout the dark room. He used the phone in his hand to turn on flashlight, his eyes scanning over the scattered shoes of his other roommates. 

He walked towards the dining table, finding a mug of cold chocolate and a cold plate of some meatballs and gravy. Thanks to traffic, he ended up coming home later than usual. 

-

After scrolling through social media and hastily eating his microwaved meatballs, Tom made his way to his shared bedroom and started stripping from his clothes. He sighed, content that he was out of his uncomfortable uniform. Now, he wore a loose shirt and some boxers. 

He climbed onto the bed, a relaxed smile on his face. He turned towards his boyfriend, Tord, and pressed a kiss against his forehead. His smile faltered once he realised faint tear marks going down the norsk's face. It seemed he was awake just a while ago, and wasn't feeling his best. Even though he was asleep and relaxed, Tom couldn't help but see a small frown on his face.

"... Wake up."

Tom knew both of them needed the sleep, but he wanted Tord to know that he was still here. It's been a while since they've cuddled, with both of them conscious.

"Wake up, Tord." Tom muttered, a smile on his face. It was pretty cold, so Tom snatched the blanket from Tord and wrapped it around himself. Luckily, the change in temperature and Tom's voice quickly got the norsk groaning groggily.

"Hrrrgh... Tom? What time is it? Do you needa go to work?" Tord huffed, voice slightly slurred from drowsiness. A confused look was put on his face once he found a happy, relaxed Tom. Usually in the mornings, Tom was rather quick and stressed out. All he had was the weekends to spend his time with Tord.

"It's 11pm."

The norsk frowned, sitting up and leaning against Tom to try and regain that heat that was snatched away from him. Two warm arms wrapped around Tord and pulled him close to the other. "So arn-you subbosed to be asleep?"

"I don't want to." Tom hummed, pulling Tord close and holding him. Tord paused, before tearing up. He gripped onto Tom tightly, as if he could lose the brit at any second. He sniffed and tried to keep his crying down, but the occasional whimper or whine was heard.

"I miss you." Tord sobbed out, struggling to take a breath.

"Shh. I know. It's okay... Next week I can spend all of my break with you. Alright? I'm going to hug you so tight until you fall asleep, okay?" Tom muttered, stroking his fingers through Tord's hair. "It's okay. I'm here. Did you eat something today?"

Tord nodded, shuffling himself so he was closer to the other. Tom hummed, a smile on his face. "Good. Just one more day until we can cuddle again like this, alright?" 

Once he felt the nod against his shoulder, he placed a hand on Tord's back. He muttered sweet nothings into Tord's ear and even began to rock him back and forth. He knew Tord wasn't a child, but he found himself cradling the other like this anyway. It wasn't like either of them were complaining. "Breathe for me."

Tord did as said, earning a small praise from the brit. Tom even began to pepper kisses down Tord's skin. "Again, one more time." Hearing the other, Tom grinned and kissed each of Tord's eyelids. "I'm so proud of you. Let's go get some rest."

After a tired nod from Tord, he began to hum and draw little shapes on Tord's back. Tom found it adorable how it took Tord only 2 minutes until he was snoring. 

Tom shuffled so he was laying on his side now, carefully placing Tord on the bed and clutching to his side. He continued to press little kisses along Tord's cheek, pressing himself against the other until both of them fell into a nice, deep slumber. 

-

Tord woke up, happy to feel warm and content. He felt arms wrap around him and hair tickle his side. His eyes found themselves looking at Tom. A satisfied smile was on his face until he realised what time it was.

sorry for the out of character characters oops....,,...,. *drools*....