Chapter 8 - Date

Beastboy was sat playing game station with Cyborg waiting for Raven. It had been almost 10 minutes and he was ready to leave. He decided to wear dark jeans, a plain white tee and leather jacket. Simple and complete change to what he wore a few years back.

“Where’s Raven?” Asked Cyborg. He was tapping rapidly at his controller, trying to stay ahead and focused.

“Dunno, should be here soon.” Beastboy shrugged.

“So, you two going on a date?” Beastboy froze, causing Cyborg to break out in a victorious cheer at the game.

“No. Cye. Dude, we are just going out as friends.” He said elaborating the word friends slowly.

“Whatever, I see-“

“Dude, stop with the: I see how you look at her.” He interrupted angrily. “We are not together. I’ll get myself a date for tomorrow night and prove it”

“Ha ha, sure…You do that.”

“I’m one of the hottest and best looking male teen superheros, of course I’ll get a date.” He growled.

“Gar, you ready to go?” Raven asked from the doorway. Beastboy and Cyborg stared at her with wide eyes. She was dressed in black high waisted jeans, a grey crop top, paired with a long amethyst pendant and black Dr. Martens. She looked ‘hot’ they thought, for a lack of a better word. It was rare that she wasn’t wearing her uniform, and although her attire was slightly gothic it looked good on her.

“First name basis huh?” Cyborg whispered suggestively at Beastboy. The green teen just growled in response and stormed towards the dark sorceress.

“Yeah Rae, I’m ready” he said and cast a glare towards the half robot. The two stepped into the elevator and began to go down.

“Nice pendant, makes your eyes standout” he complimented casually and began twirling a strand of her hair between his fingers. He really couldn’t help himself. Raven blushed.

DING

“Turn your ring on, we’ll take my bike.” He said as they walked into the garage.

“Bike?”

“Yup, got a motorbike remember!” he smirked and revealed a shiny black Honda motorbike. She was practically gawking at. She wasn’t one for motorbikes but honestly it didn’t look half bad.

“Are you sure you can ride it?” Raven mocked.

“Oh, shut up and put the damn helmet on.” He smirked and put his own on.

“No.”

“What? Why?”

“I don’t trust your driving”

“Don’t worry, it’ll be fine. Plus you have your powers remember.” He assured her then placed the helmet on her head patting it. “Besides, I think you look cute. You’ll have to remind me next time to bring a camera” he teased.

“Like there will be a next time” she remarked sarcastically and sat behind him. He pressed the gas making the engine roar and bike rumble.

“You ready?” he asked looking over his shoulder. Raven just sat there not knowing what to do. Taking her arms he wrapped them around his waist. “Ready?” Before waiting for a response he sped off. She gripped his shirt tightly, probably digging her nails into his chest but the wind rushing over the two made it hard to tell.

“You’re crazy” she shouted, the noise and blur of the other cars and city made any focus disappear.

He laughed. “I like to live on the edge”