Chapter 4- Discovered

The next day Raven had hardly left her room or spoken. In fact the only time the titans actually saw either Beastboy or Raven was when they were completing their morning ‘routine’ of tea and relaxing. The tower had been quite quiet most of the day after that, mostly because Beastboy was nowhere to be found either, which they all found strange.

Raven knocked on the sliding metal door leading to the changeling’s room. He opened it and she went in. It was surprisingly still kept clean and she wondered if keeping his room clean was now a permanent change for him.

“Thanks.” he said walking over to the keyboard.

“For what?”

“For helping me” he clarified and she sat next to him hesitantly, hood still up. Her right arm and shoulder were touching his. He loved the feel of her, her touch always sent small shivers around his body.

“No problem” she said simply. He smiled softly and began to play. She loved his song, the melody, the memories and closed her eyes taking in each note. Half way through he caught a glance at her and saw that her hood was down and her eyes were closed. She was clearly in deep thought.

“So any words come to you yet?” he asked turning to face her. Her eyes began to slowly creep open but looked like she was in a daze. “Yo Rae, is everything ok?”

“Hmm?” she questioned still a bit stunned. “Sorry was lost in thought” she quickly added dryly. He sighed.

“So got any ideas?” he asked again.

“Not at the moment”

He began playing again. She listened more intently this time trying to focus on the task and not her past but it was incredibly difficult. Every so often he would look at her for any sign of pretty much anything but there was nothing. He hated how secluded she was but then again knew how she felt. It was almost ¾ way through and he saw a single tear slowly run down her cheek. He stopped playing and looked at her. She hadn’t noticed him stop and was still staring ahead into space. ‘Strange’ he thought to himself as he watched her. He had never really seen Raven show much emotion and he didn’t like that she was sad. Beastboy hated seeing any of his friends sad and it being her made a pain shoot through his chest. His instincts wanted to comfort her but a debate remained in his head.  Slowly reaching over he wiped away the tear with his thumb. She quickly snapped out of it and stared at him plainly. Concerne shook him and she didn’t know why. Suddenly his hand left her cheek and it went cold, she reached up confused, tracing with her fingers where his had been a few seconds before and felt dampness. Realization hit her and she knew she let her gaurd down and he saw it. She reached for her hood pulling it up but his hand interfered and it fell back down. She turned to him with a mix of anger and confusion.

“I don’t think your hood will help.” He stated but her stare was blank. He breathed in and reached up caressing her cheek once again. Slight shock went through his mind when Raven subconsciously closed her eyes and leaned into his touch, though relieved she didn’t push  away. The fiery feeling of his touch coursed through her body. He made her feel safe but vulnerable with her inner feelings. She didn’t like it. “Raven are you okay? Do you want to talk about it?” he asked with worry deep in his eyes.

“About what?” she replied though this time her voice broke and she knew he noticed. Another tear slid down her cheek and he didn’t hesitate to wipe it away. She hated what the changeling was doing to her especially as this had never happened before. “I’m sorry” she whispered and turned away.

“For what?” confusion clear in his voice. But there was no reply. Not a moment after he asked she melted through the floor. The green titan wasn’t stupid no matter what he showed on the outside and he knew she needed comfort or at least that’s what he always felt he needed, especially under his happy-go-lucky attitude.