Chapter 10 - Unpredictable

The warm summer sunset colours mixed in a blur with the lights of the cities upcoming nightlife. It was like an abstract water painting, blurry and full of adrenaline. Raven loved it. Loved the rush and warmth. It was like fire and ice in one. However not all of the warmth came from the summer air, most of it was actually coming from the green changeling she was gripping onto. His natural musk and mixture of his chocolate and woodsy aftershave invaded her senses making her dizzy. Strangely it smelt both comforting and safe. His scent could get her lost, she could practically drown in it. Why was she drooling at the thought? Oh azar how she loved it.

He began to slow down and Raven only now realised that she was so lost in thought that she forgot where they were going. Wait, she didn’t actually know where they were going.

He took the keys out and got off followed by Raven.

“Where are we going?” she asked confused. He chuckled.

“Dude, I told you that next time we’d go to the club instead of the lounge” he grinned.

“Don’t call me dude.” Raven said flatly which only made him chuckle again. He grabbed her hand and walked over to the club. “Do you have a fake ID or something because you’re still underage?”

He smirked and pulled out a fake ID with his alter-ego identity.

“Cyborg made me this until my birthday in a few months so I could buy games and stuff for over 18’s”

“I’m guessing the stuff meaning alcohol.” She deadpanned. He grinned.

“Yup.” They both showed the bouncer their ID’s which all the Titans had for their alter-ego’s and entered. The music was already blaring and more than half the club was full. Raven sighed. Today had been an extremely long day so she might as well try to take the edge off. She casually walked past Gar and over to the bar.

“What would you like, sweetie?” the bartender asked.

“An apple vodka. Please.” Her eye’s bore into his to make sure he fully understood.

“That is with lemonade right?” he questioned.

“More vodka than lemonade” he looked at her like she was crazy, which to most people she probably was. Vodka was very strong for a human but she was half demon with a high immune system and it would take her at least 3 bottle’s to get her drunk.

Her eyes still pierced into his, threatening him to carry on. He didn’t and instead made her the drink. She asked for a beer as well and plastered on a fake smile, requested a tab then left.

“Where’d you go?” Beastboy asked as she walked up to him.

“Went to get some drinks.” She said handing him the beer. He looked at the beer then her with a confused expression.

“How did you know which one I liked?” he asked. Raven shrugged.

“You always get the same one.” she said before taking a sip of her own drink. He looked at her again still confused. If it was someone different who knew Raven didn’t drink they would think she was drinking lemonade but his enhanced senses told a different story.

“I thought you didn’t drink” Beastboy said casually. Raven’s eyes narrowed. Of course he knew, he was the most observant person she knew, more so than Starfire. With a roll of her eyes she answered.

“I don’t, but it’s been a long day.” He nodded.

“What are you drinking?” he asked again, observing the beverage. It smelled rather sweet and fruity. A girly drink.