Work/Relationship balance

Waking up next to her ex-boyfriend laying next to her is not how Millie expected to wake up, but she liked it.

"Where are you going?" Finn asked as he sat up, shirtless.

"I have work in 25 minutes. I might see you later Mr Wolfhard. I heard that the Dean is making his decision at midday. I hope to see you moving into the office. Oh, and there's a spare house key on a hook near the front door." She kissed him before leaving once she was dressed.

She left one of the 2 sets of house keys for him as she made her way to work. Getting to her office, nothing unusual happened, until a group of girls walked by her door.

"I heard the new English professor is going to be young! Around Ms Brown's age! I can't wait to meet him!" The older looking girl spoke. Millie was curious.

The day went by smoothly. Dean Stevens knocked on her door. She knew this because his cologne was a sandalwood and timber smell, which usually meant he was near.

"Dean Stevens!" Millie greeted the older man, letting him enter her office. "I'm sure you've heard the news about the new professor?" He spoke as Millie walked around to her desk.

"I'm sure the new professor is just as good as us." Millie added Dean Stevens into the compliment.

"Well, you can judge for yourself. Ms Brown, meet Mr Finn Wolfhard, our new English professor." Dean Stevens announced as a friendly face peered from behind the door. Millie smiled at the man she had left in her bedroom only hours earlier.

"I believe we've met?" Millie smiled.

"We went to the same college. We even shared the same classes." Finn made the connections for Dean Stevens.

"Well, I hope you knowing each other will only make your teaching connection stronger!" Dean Stevens said happily.

"That's not the only strong connection..." Finn smiled while he mumbled as if he was back in college, clearly confusing the Dean.

The Dean smiled politely as he exited the room, shutting the door. "Well, Mr Wolfhard, long time no see!" Millie smiled. He kissed her just as he heard a voice they hadn't heard in a while.

"Excuse me...Dean Stevens? I was wondering if you could direct me to Mr Wolfhard's office?" It was Grace. The same Grace who tormented Millie in her college days.

Finn immediately ran behind Millie's desk as Grace entered the room. "Oh. It's you. What are you doing here Brown?" Grace's snarky nature hadn't disappeared.

"I don't know what your doing...but I work here. I'm one of the English professors This is my office." Millie made a comment, hating that fact that she had to deal with Grace once more.

"Well...I heard that Finn just started working here and luckily for me, his Teaching Assistant position was available and I successfully applied for the job...so I'll be working with him in his classes." Grace clearly had some ulterior motive.

"C'mon Grace. We're both smarter than that. Why are you really here?" Millie wasn't going to let this go.

"We both know that you weren't the one he was meant to be with. It was always me, but you did something to convince him that I wasn't his real soulmate and now that you two aren't together, finally, I can finish what I started. A loving and true relationship with Finn. A relationship that was always meant to happen." Grace was trying to threaten her.

"If you really think you can date Finn, your wrong. The Dean has a strict no dating between professors, teaching assistants and students. You want a relationship? Aim for someone who doesn't work or go here." Millie was willing to set the record straight.

"Oh, and if you think you can threaten me, you have another thing coming. You do remember why I left college...right?" Millie used her telekinesis to lift a book and throw it across the room without touching it. She hadn't used her power in ages, scared to use it uncontrollably or by accident.

"Fine. I'll be across the hall." Grace left angrily as she shut the door. Millie locked it.

"Holy moly...you really scared her..." Finn got out from his hiding place, smiling at Millie. He kissed Millie just as the bell went, signalling that both their classes were about to start.