An annoying ex

One thing Millie hated more than anything, was Grace. Now that she worked as Finn's TA, she was always around, staring at him, making sure she never left his side. Millie barely had any time to spend with Finn since Grace was always pushing boundaries.

"Grace, I appreciate your enthusiasm towards this excursion, but I think it's better if Millie and I go on this excursion, since we are the professors." Finn attempted to move away from his desk, but Grace stopped him.

"How am I supposed to become a good professor if I can't experience excursions with students?" This sentence peaked Millie's interest. Grace clearly was hiding something, but she wasn't as easy to read as Finn. Millie had been trying not to listen in on their conversation, even if they were less than 10 feet apart.

"I'm sorry Grace, but my decision is final. You will stay behind and mark papers this weekend." He handed her a small box full of papers that had been completed by students. He watched as Grace angrily walked out of the office.

"Grace is hiding something. I know I shouldn't poke around where I don't belong, but really, I just care that she isn't threatening our sorta secret relationship." Millie got up and walked over to Finn's desk, sitting opposite him.

"You're not the only one. She's barely left my side since she became my TA. It's like she's being clingy to put us off what's really going on." Finn looked around.

"What could she possibly be hiding?" Millie sat back in her chair, just as one of her students walked into the office.

"I'm so sorry for interrupting Professor Brown, but I think two students are making out in the basement storage room..." She quickly exited the room once she finished her sentence.

Finn and Millie quickly made their way down to the basement, seeing the storage room door locked.

"OCCUPIED!" A familiar voice echoed the hallway. Before they got caught, Millie and Finn quickly hid behind a pile of boxes. A college boy exited the room, his shirt barely buttoned up, while an older looking woman walked out, her shirt also barely buttoned up.

"Look. I know that you like this and frankly, I do too, but I don't wanna get caught. I'm my ex-boyfriends teaching assistant and I'm not gonna ruin that by having a casual fling with a college boy." The woman brushed herself off.

"It's Grace! That's what she's hiding!" Millie whispered to Finn.

The boy kissed Grace one more time before smirking.

"Ugh. Who cares. You know what. We can do this more often as long as we don't get caught." Grace kissed the boy before walking off, her heels hitting the stone cold floor as she walked back towards the elevator.

Once she was gone, Millie and Finn left their hiding position.

"So. Grace is having a casual fling with a college, possibly in one of our classes." Millie rolled her eyes.

"Connor O'Riley to be exact. He's in my English class and he's failing." Finn shook his head in disappointment.

"So, that's why she wants to go on the excursion. She's secretly hooking up with a student, and this excursion is another way for them to secretly hook up." Millie laughed.

"Well, I am sure as hell glad that I didn't let her come. Who knows how much trouble she would've caused." Finn laughed.

"Are we gonna hook up on this trip?" Millie asked.

"Sorry, my love, but we're in 2 separate hotel rooms. I'm with the boys in two rooms and you're with the girls in the other two rooms. We can always tease, though." Finn's smirked as he kissed Millie.