Unexpected friendship

Millie and Finn had been working together for nearly half a week. Millie began to tolerate Finn, seeing a side of Finn that she had never bothered to see before.

"So. Are we meeting up at your dorm tonight after class?" Millie asked, grabbing her bag.

"Yep. Grace will be out of the dorm by 6pm...so after that would be good." Finn said.

"So...you haven't broken up with Grace?" Millie asked, she was curious as to why they hadn't broken up.

"No. Well...not yet anyways..." Finn said, smirking as they walked. Millie giggled a little bit before walking off towards her last class.
------
After her class, she walked towards her dorm, texting Finn.

Millie: So, you missed History...why?

Finn: Grace wanted me to help her study for her maths exam. She had a free study period during our history class. Sorry. Did I miss anything?

Millie: I continued our presentation. I got some information about the people involved.

Finn: Great! I'll work on it while I'm with Grace. She doesn't bother me as much when I'm working.

Millie: I have to go. I'll see you at 7pm.

Finn put his phone away, noticing that Grace had just arrived.

"Hey baby..." Grace said, kissing Finn's cheek as he smiled. He hated her now more than ever.

"I have some history homework to do..." Finn said. Grace immediately grabbed his second laptop and opened Netflix, watching a show she had been watching recently.
———
After a couple of hours, Grace had left the dorm and Millie was on her way to the dorm, being careful of Grace.

"Hey Finn." Millie said, opening Finn's dorm door. She walked over to his desk. She placed her books on his desk, sitting down as she watched Finn close his laptop.

"So. Have you worked on the presentation more?" Millie asked.

"Yeah. I spent an hour on it." Finn said, showing her what he had done.

"Wow. You really did a lot." Millie said, surprised that he was actually doing something.
———
(24 hours later)

Millie had woke up to her phone buzzing.

Millie: Hello?

Finn: Heyyyyyyy

Millie: You know what time it is right?

Finn: I wanted to know if you wanted to come on a walk with me?

Millie: Meet me by the pool in 30.

Finn: Great.

Millie hung up her phone and got up, getting ready for her walk with Finn. Once she had left her dorm, she headed towards the pool, seeing Finn lightly jogging to keep himself warm. They began the walk. Even though Finn was a football player, he didn't seem very fit. Millie was fitter than him.

"So. I have a football game this Friday. Maybe you, Sadie and Noah could come watch? Only if you want to of course..." Finn said, stopping to catch his breath.

"I know that Sadie will go...to support Caleb...but Noah...I don't know." Millie said.

"Well...like I said...if you want to come...it's up to you." Finn said. Before long, Finn had caught up to Millie, barely.

Millie ran off, leaving Finn wandering. They went their separate ways and got ready for class.
———
Millie was ready and she met back up with Finn, away from prying eyes.

"Mrs. Heaton wants us to present our presentation first..." Millie said, gripping on her books.

"Seriously?" Finn said. Millie nodded. Finn sighed, not happy with what Millie just told him.

"Yeah. She pulled me over at the end of class and explained that because we were the pair that were not happy with each other, she wanted to see ours first." Millie said, explaining the situation.

"Why?! I hate presenting first. You're expected to be the best and I can't handle that pressure..." Finn said, becoming nervous.

"Um...aren't you usually nervous since your part of the football team??" Millie asked, confused.

"This...this is different." Finn said, not happy.

"Finn...don't worry. You're not doing it alone." Millie said, giving him a comforting hug. She felt his hand go down her back so she pulled away.

"No Finn. Don't think that me giving you a hug is a confirmation from me." Millie said, tightening her grip on her books.

"Sorry Mills." Finn said. Mills...only her friends called her that...maybe Finn was becoming her friend.