Masquerade Ball

Millie was nervous for this weekend. The last day of the semester was technically Friday...but the invitee obviously didn't care. The ball was to be held on the Saturday. Sadie and Noah had been talking about it for almost 48 hours. Sadie would count down and let Noah and Millie know every hour that the ball was getting closer. As girls walked past Millie, she overheard their conversations about how pretty their dresses were, which made her nervous. She would take a quick peek at her red masquerade ball down once in a while, wondering if her soulmate would like it.
———
(Day of Masquerade Ball)
It was officially Saturday. The semester had finally ended and Millie was now in panic mode. Luckily, Noah's girlfriend was good with hair and makeup. It's not that Sadie was bad, it was just that with Sadie having to do her own hair and makeup, it would take ages and she would run out of time.

Lila arrived 4 hours before. When she arrived, Sadie and Millie had just gotten out of bed. Lila was one of the only people who was actually nice to Millie and Sadie.

"Ok. You two need to have a shower. Once you've showered, I'll get started on Millie's hair while Sadie can get started on her own." Lila said. Luckily Lila arrived at our dorm with her hair and makeup all done and her outfit in her arms. Millie put Lila's dress and mask in with Sadie and her dress in the locked cupboard.

After 30 minutes, Millie and Sadie had showered and Lila had successfully made Millie's hair beautiful.

"Do we need to give you a colour scheme?" Lila asked as she grabbed her makeup kit.

"Just needs to be red. My soulmate wants my entire outfit including makeup to be red." Millie said.

"Perfect. I have nearly all red products in here." Lila said, grabbing the primer out of her bag.

For the next hour, with many little mistakes, Lila had finished Millie's red makeup look and she was ready to go.

"Now. I'd suggest putting your dress and other parts on about an hour and a half before we head off, since the dress might take a while to get into." Lila advised.
———
It was finally the time to get into the dresses. One by one, Lila, Sadie and Millie carefully got into their dresses. They all looked beautiful. They got their shoes on and they helped each other with the masks.

"You three look amazing!" Noah said, smiling as he carefully wrapped his arms around Lila.

"Time to go!" Sadie said, leading them all out of the dorm. They made their way towards the gym, where the ball was being held.

Millie could see Grace her friends near the entrance, but they didn't care. Before Millie, Sadie, Lila and Noah entered the gym, Grace went in, not seeing them behind her. Millie could tell that it was Grace because of the 13 karat gold ring the Grace flaunts around to everyone. Millie walked in first, trying to see if her soulmate was there. As she walked though the doors, she noticed him, dead centre. Luckily, he hadn't seen her yet. Millie walked towards the edge of the dancefloor as she watched couples and other people dance in the middle of the room. Sadie stood next to her while Noah and Lila walked out to the dancefloor.

Every once in a while, Millie would glance over at her soulmate, dancing around his friends as they foolishly dance with him. After nearly 2 hours, her soulmate had spotted her. Millie quickly ran outside to the rotunda near the front of the college. Millie could hear him shouting for her attention as she continued running. After nearly 5 minutes, she was puffed out, which caused her to stop running.

"Please...don't run away!" Her soulmate said, stopping behind her.

Soulmates//FillieOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara