§ 🄲hapter 6 §

| - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
January 30
| - | - | - | - | - | - | - |

00:00:01
Hours:Minutes:Seconds

One more second and she was going to be eighteen.

00:00:00
Hours:Minutes:Seconds

She was finally eighteen.

Blowing the candle in her little cupcake, she remembered when she celebrated her father's birthday all by herself. Now, she felt like celebrating her eighteenth birthday all by herself.

It felt to Lily Evans that she shouldn't be celebrating her birthday. It just didn't feel like it without her father here.

Let's get two things straight right at this moment.

One is that the Evans family always had birthdays as a big thing to celebrate. They would cancel all their plans and focus on the birthday person. There would be a cake and it was basically a huge family thing. It felt right when everyone was present to celebrate the birthday of their son or daughter or sibling. Hell, maybe it could also be cousin, niece or nephew, or maybe even an aunt or uncle at times! That just makes the birthday person feel even more special.

The Evans family room birthdays as serious as they take their traditions.

Two is that Liam Evans always went out of his way to make his children's birthday just that much more special. Especially for his youngest and favorite redhead (he only knew one redhead, after all, and that was his precious youngest daughter).

Lily Evans sat there and remembered times with her family back at New York when it was her birthday.

Lily Evans sat there and remembered times with her friends back at New York when it was her birthday.

Lily Evans sat there and remembered all her previous birthdays when she wasn't fatherless.

Lily Evans sat there, right there on her bed, as a small yet bittersweet smile came to her lips because of the flashbacks and memories.

Lily Evans sat there and grabbed another candle to lit up.

This time she made a wish. A simple wish that might have seemed pathetic and a bit of a long shot, but she wanted to wish it.

After all, wishes have to seem like a long stretch for it to be a wish you so deeply desire. Otherwise, if your wish was as easy to get as snapping your fingers, then what ever may be the point in wishing at all.

| - | - | - | - | - | - | - |

When Lily woke up and checked her phone, she was surprised to find a message from Instagram. She knew that Instagram wasn't free enough in its schedule to send  birthday wish to anyone.

She opened the notification out of curiosity.

Mary MacDonald
@marymacdonaldishere

3:00 a.m.

It just turned 12 in NYC and I remembered our old times together.
Happy birthday Lily 🥳