§ 🄲hapter 17 §

| - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
March 29
| - | - | - | - | - | - | - |

Lily Evans woke up to find that her and her siblings accidentally fell asleep on the couch together. She realized that either her mother of her grandmother must have laid a blanket on the three siblings at some point in the cold night.

She blinked her eyes and looked at the table in front of the couch. There was a tray with cookies and tea that made Lily feel like it was Christmas until she remembered it was March. She noticed a little note and took it to read it.

When you wake up, you might be hungry.
So I made you these.
Enjoy!
~ Ship Maker <3

Lily rolled her eyes. After Petunia made the ever so nickname to their grandmother, she started using it to sign every little thing or big thing she writes. Of course, the nickname was before all of them were even born, but Petunia saying it made their grandmother start ending her letters with that specific signature.

She shook her siblings awake and sooner rather than later, Hunter and Petunia were both awake.

"Cookies!" exclaimed Hunter as he grabbed one.

"You look like a kid on Christmas morning," noted Lily as she took a cup of tea.

"Cookies are the best type of dessert," said Hunter Evans. "Nothing beats it."

"That's your opinion," said Petunia as she took a cookie. Luckily, it was oatmeal cookies with white chocolate chips which happened to be one of her favorite types.

"Nope, it's a fact and you are proving it because you just took a cookie," said Hunter, pointing at the cookie Petunia was eating.

Petunia stuck her tongue out at her brother and took another oatmeal cookie. Lily almost choked on her cookie as she lived in the moment with her siblings.

It was a good morning.

"Cookies for me!" said Hunter as he took the cookie tray and started running toward his room.

"Hey! Get your ass back here!" exclaimed Lily as she followed her brother due to the fact she wanted more cookies and was not going to let her brother eat all of those alone.

Petunia laughed at her siblings behaviors as she took the two half-empty cans of ice cream, which were half melted if not fully melted, and put them inside the freezer.

It was truly a good morning.

It was truly a great way to start the day.

| - | - | - | - | - | - | - |

When Hunter spend some time alone, he realized that it was stupid to even try and date Brooklyn, the girl he met at the bar.

The first red flag with Brooklyn should have been that she never bothered to say his name, and insisted on using the nickname cute blond boy.

The second red flag was the fact he met her at the bar and she had only one reason for coming forward to him.

Those two red flags should have made Hunter know that Brooklyn wasn't right. He would have read the red flags if he wasn't so excited about going back in the game of love.