§ 🄲hapter 10 §

| - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
February 16
| - | - | - | - | - | - | - |

Marlene McKinnon woke up to her alarm. It may have been a Sunday, but that didn't mean Marlene was going to have a fun day of nothingness.

She was going to be productive and that's why she started mentally plan her day as she changed. Tying her hair up in a ponytail, she was ready for the day she planned. She already had a mental list...

Number one, celebrate her father's birthday. Yes, February sixteen is Gavin McKinnon's birthday and his children always celebrate his birthday no matter how much he tells him not too.

Number two, talk to Mason about her suspicious of him having a crush on a certain someone. If he did, that could mean that Marlene and a certain redhead could possibly be future sister-in-laws if everything goes to plan. Okay, now Marlene felt like she was being possessed by Antonella.

Number three, she had work at sometimes after noon. Or was her work time in the evening? She really needed to re-check her work schedule.

That seemed like a good plan-slash-schedule for a good Sunday.

A productive Sunday was a great Sunday in Marlene's case. After all, most of her Sundays seemed to be like that.

Marlene got out of her room and knocked on her brother's door. One bearable knock with a little waiting or ten seconds and she opened the door to her brother's room.

Living with two brothers and a father made them develop a mutual way to enter each other's room. First, knock one hearable knock and wait ten seconds. That makes the occupant of the room clear off anything he or she wants to be cleared off so everyone can ignore awkward situations. Then, if there was no answer of why kind of 'don't enter!' then the knocker could enter the room.

"What do you want?" asked a sleepy Mason McKinnon.

"Do you have a crush on Petunia Evans?" asked Marlene. If she knew one thing about her brother, it was that he was always so truthful when he was sleepy. That's why she had to do option number two of her list before option number one.

"Did she say anything?" asked Mason, making it clear that he was widely awake because of his sister's question.

"You so do!" exclaimed Marlene with a smile. "Also, get ready. We will celebrate dad soon."

| - | - | - | - | - | - | - |

The McKinnon children were singing happy birthday to their father.

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Dad
Happy birthday to you

"Didn't I tell you all that you don't have to celebrate my birthday?" asked the birthday father himself.

"But you deserve it, Gavin," said Charlotte McKinnon, Maxwell's wife and mother to their four year old.

"Yeah, Dad," agreed Marlene. "El, you agree, right?"

El, or Elena McKinnon who happened to be the four year old daughter of Maxwell and Charlotte, was holding her aunt's arm as she continued singing and marching on the table.