§ 🄲hapter 9 §

| - | - | - | - | - | - | - |
February 14
| - | - | - | - | - | - | - |

Lily Evans woke up to be face-to-face with her sister, Petunia Evans.

"It's Valentine's Day!" exclaimed Petunia which was too much enthusiasm for a school morning. "I have to make you wear something that will-"

"Shut up right this moment," said Lily, cutting her sister's soon-to-be speech about this big day of February fourteenth.

"But it's-"

"Valentine's day," said Lily. "I know. I hate this day and you know it so if you try to make me wear a dress, I'll stab you."

"Don't stab your sister," said Sapphire as she entered the room. "Now, get ready because you still have school no matter what the holiday is."

"It's a horrible holiday," said Lily. "Why show someone you love someone for one day - which happened to be a day a man died if I am not wrong - when you can do it every single day?"

Sooner rather than later, Lily was wearing a red sweater and white overalls because Lily was forced to wear something red by none other than Petunia Evans.

Once she entered the school, the entire thing was decorations of red, pink, and white.

"Fuck Valentine's," cursed Lily under her breath. "Fuck Valentine's."

| - | - | - | - | - | - | - |

Sirius Black grabbed a red flower from a nearby student and moved forward toward a group of two girls.

"Lily!"

That made both the redhead and the blond laugh together.

Sirius Black covered the eyes of the blond and ignored the redhead rolling her emerald eyes.

"Guess who?" asked Sirius Black.

"My sexy boyfriend?"

"I'm your boyfriend?" asked Sirius, removing his hands from Marlene McKinnon's eyes. "I think I would remember asking you to be this beautiful man's girlfriend."

"Where is the beautiful man?" asked Marlene, looking around. "Is he somewhere here close?"

"Very funny," said Sirius. "But, Siriusly - see what I did there? It's great, isn't it? - am I your boyfriend or not?"

"You are not my boyfriend as far as I remember, right?" Marlene asked her redhead friend.

"If you did, you haven't told me or the girls anything at all," shrugged Lily. "Before this gets weird for me, I'll go now."

"Enjoy Valentine's Day!" Sirius shouted after the redhead, Lily Evans.

"Fuck this holiday, Black!" called back the redhead. "But I guess enjoy yours too."

"Lily doesn't like this holiday," explained Marlene.

"That was obvious," said Sirius. He then handed Marlene the red rose. "How about you be my Valentine?"