Chapter Twentysix

In case you believed good things came to those who wait, you would be wrong. Or right, depending on whose story you read.

The other side of the gate, just beside the stairs heading down to the main level, held twins. Yes, Y/N's favorite nudists.

"Who is this with doctor?"

Y/N cautioned Miles, grabbing onto his wrist. He only jumped a little at the random contact before noticing the men up ahead. Did she really care that she was too used to touch here? No, it kept her grounded. And it was for his safety, why should he complain?

"Maybe Father Martin's man."

"Maybe."

"Uh, L/N?" Miles whispered, "These guys are naked. And talking about me. Not my favorite combination."

"He looks... nervous."

"I would like to kill him."

Letting out a breath, Y/N pointed her head to the stairs. There might be some way out down there. Miles nodded, but his eyes went back to the twins.

"The preacher asked us not to."

"It would be impolite."

Making their way down the stairs, the conversation above could still be heard.

"We could give him a running start."

"Now there's an idea."

Miles was trying to document this on his camcorder.

"I want his tongue and liver."

"They're yours."

Pulling Miles along, Y/N tried to politely avoid the inmates. Their scars and physical reconfigurations are still a sad sight to see. Some talk of ghosts. Some repeating the speech Y/N heard on the radio tower, which of course, was odd. This Billy seems to be a figurehead for some reason.

There wasn't much to explore. Many of the doors were locked or held sobbing patients. One room, however, had a body-sized hole in the wall just big enough for both Miles and Y/N to fit in. Inside the wall was mainly piping, but there was a crate, and above the crate, another hole in the ceiling.

Miles, ever the gentleman, popped through first.

"Jesus-!"

Climbing through next, Y/N squinted through the dark to see a bound patient staring at her. She was confused until Miles tapped her arm.

A rather sick performance took place before them with a decapitated corpse and another patient.

"Agh! What the fuck is the matter with you! You weren't invited to this! You like to watch, huh? You damned sicko! It's sick! You're sick!"

The patient's screamings were quite hypocritical, but Y/N wanted nothing more to do with this abhorrent scene. It was almost worse than Gluskin and his sculptures.

"Fuck this place. Seriously fuck this place. Dying keeps moving lower on the list of worst things that could happen to me here," Miles cursed. For some reason, this elicited a giggle on Y/N's end. "What? What are you laughing about?"

"Oh, you have no idea, hahaha! Come on, let's get you out of here."

"You're a bit fucked as well, doc."