Chapter Thirteen

Y/N and Waylon come across a room with double doors, which they deemed to look important. It was a laboratory, but what surprised Y/N was how neat and uncluttered the room was. She was busy looking around, not noticing the file Waylon picked up.

"Hey! I found our favorite cannibals records!" Waylon looked back to Y/N expecting some reaction.

"I've probably got it memorized. I try to remember as much as possible for new patients."

Waylon, slightly disheartened at her reaction, folded the paper and stuffed it in a pocket. He swiftly followed after the woman, glancing around.

"Go away," Y/N jumped back into Waylon, "This is my place."

Y/N looked down sympathetically to a man huddled up to the side of the wall. She quickly reached out to lay a hand on his shoulder.

"Officer, I am glad we found you. I'm Y/N, and this is Waylon. You should--"

"You're going to get me killed. Fuck off!" He interrupted.

"Yeah, ok, fine. Fucking off right now." She grumbled. She figured, if he was able to live this long and has a weapon, he'll be safe.

Y/N grabs onto Waylon and pushes through the door beside the hiding officer. Before them is a gassed decontamination chamber and some busted gas pipes. Following the only path open, the two come across a room with four screens above a glass window. The flashing red lights were beginning to give her a headache.

"Walrider project? Why is that all that's written on those screens?" Just as Y/N said this, the small saw could be heard. "Frankly, he is getting on my nerves!"

"At least the fucker announces when he's around," Waylon chuckles over his shoulder to the woman behind him.

They walk into a much larger room with metal beds and arms inside glass cases. Y/N wonders off, scouting the area for something that could be of use. The area was surprisingly both big and small at the same time, holding another hall with doors that looped around. She was slightly disappointed to see no documents. The place looked as if it would have had something in it. Well, besides the one battery she found. As she entered through the final door, she almost screamed as she felt something grab her legs from beneath a bed.

"Get down here," whispered a voice. Confused, Y/N stupidly lowered herself to see who was speaking. "Hurry!"

Y/N was pulled under the bed, held from behind by a quivering form. Her heart was beating rapidly. I swear, if this isn't Waylon...

Loud thunks resembling footsteps approached the door, quickly followed with shouts of "Feed me! Feed me!" Slowly, as if hesitant to leave the unchecked room, he sounded off in another direction.

The arms behind her released Y/N, who then scrambled out from under the bed and up to a standing position. Thankfully, she sees it is Waylon crawling out next. He seems to wobble as he stands.

"Are you alright?" Y/N whispers so that she isn't heard by Frank.

"Yeah, I mean, sort of." She can barely see him reach at his head. Her hands instantly fly to his head, hoping to inspect whatever the problem is.

"Wow, he sure got you good... " Waylon's injury was bloody, yes, but luckily nothing terribly serious. "I wish I had clean water and bandages on me. Here, uh, sit down."

Y/N knew she had to be quick so they could get out and away from Frank. She also knew what she was doing wasn't really going to help much. Waylon complied, bending down before her. She took the skirt of her dress and tried to dab at the blood.

"Is this supposed to help?"

"I'm trying to clean it with what I've got." The woman pulled back, somewhat satisfied with her work. "Now, I could wrap one of my stockings around as a compress, but I don't have anything to pin it with and I doubt you would like going around with that on your head."

"Yeah, I'm sure this is fine. Thanks, doc." Waylon and Y/N smile at each other in the silence. "Oh, right. I found a way around that broken chamber."

"Lead the way."