Chapter Twelve

"Look, I'm sorry but we couldn't have saved him." Waylon looked to the fuming woman. The two were hunting down the main valve to the gas lines. Y/N ignored him as she picked up a document not too far from the decontamination room.

"Wow, so they tried to influence human behavior through chemicals. SO surprising..." Y/N grumbled. Waylon frustratedly followed her as she marched around the corner and to the door at the end of the hall. The farther she walked, the more annoyed and tired of herself she became. She stopped and sighed, "Ok, fine. I'm sorry. I get it, he wouldn't have lived no matter how much we tried. Honestly, I'm sick of little miss princess petty, too."

"Shh," Waylon interrupted.

"And, yeah. I need to calm down in times like these. I shouldn't keep--"

"Y/N! Shh!" Waylon gripped her arms. She was offended at first but soon heard what caused Park to act this way. There was a banging somewhere around them.

"Do you think it's Frank?" Y/N whispered. The man shook his head whilst shrugging his shoulders; a very unhelpful move. The two slowly continued their previous trek, completely alert. They finally came to the only available door. A quick inhale, Waylon opened the door.

"AaaAAAHH! Who the FU--" Y/N and Waylon stumble back, ready to run. A patient stood, staring at them, before walking to a door behind him. Confused, the two look to each other. Y/N barely stifles a laugh.

The patient began beating his head into the other door, allowing the duo to sneak by.

"Well, we know what that banging sound was." Y/N followed after Waylon as he ducked beneath a counter to the open room. She, still, felt the need to help the stranger.

"I wish I could put some pad or something there so he doesn't hurt his head..."

"I think something in his head is already hurting." They exit the room, complaining about how maze-like the rooms and halls were. Nothing interesting came up, but they did find a bunch of open rooms with beds. Two of the rooms connected by open vents.

They continued down a hallway filled with clutter.

"I can smell you!"

Y/N jerked her head to Waylon, who did the same thing. "Why does he keep showing up??" She growled under her breath. The closest hiding spot was the vents, which they immediately leaped into.

"So, come here often?" Y/N scrunches her face at Waylon's comment.

"Yeah, I hear it's the tightest space to be. Typically overcrowded..."

A grin spreads across the males face. Y/N rolls her eyes jokingly, still wishing she were out of here.

"Okay, I think it's clear." Y/N hops down after Waylon, receiving help. They carefully continue wandering around, looking for a way out.