Chapter 23

Mina's POV

I laid my head on his chest, knowing the sun would be up soon. My mind and body felt like mush. I had never made love to anyone before. Knowing how it felt now, I never wanted anything less ever again.  I honestly could lay there forever. I didn't want to admit that my life had turned into a terrible mess. Once again.

Reality was, outside those bedroom doors, there was a psychotic, dangerous and angry man looking for me. Wanting to take me back to the hell hole that was vegas. Wanting to punish me for doing what I did and running away.  Probably wanting me to go back to work for him.  Or more like, have my every move and actions be controlled by him.  The thought of having to live that life again made me sick.

"You ok?" Jeff asked as he lifted my chin up to face him.  His eyes calmed me a bit. "Yes and no.  Would you think less of me if I told you I was scared?" His expression change to that of concern. "Babe, you don't have to be scared. I'm not going to let anything happen to you. Ever again.  I told you a million times.  I'm not letting you out of my sight." His words made me smile. "You can't be with me 24/7." I laughed into his chest. He chuckled a bit. "Yeah. True.  But I can be in the mean time. Until he's been taken care of." I sighed then nuzzled back into him, closing my eyes.

Jeff cleared his throat, "can I ask.......how did you get away?" It was the question I was dreading. I'd have to confess something I never wanted to. But I knew that if I ever did, it would be to him. I sat myself up on the bed facing him. He too sat up a bit, realizing I was going to speak. I covered the blankets around my bare chest, almost as a safety mechanism. "I had planned it for weeks. I was waiting to be paired up with just the right customer. One who wanted to be dominated. So I went through the motions. Tied him up. Gagged him. Blindfolded him. I noticed he had a gun in his pants. So once I did all of that, I grabbed it and quietly left, telling him I needed some things and I'd be back. I ran like hell. Through the back hallways where only employees can go. I had gotten outside to the parking lot when one of sergio's guys found me. I shot him and ran. Got on a bus that took me to the outskirts of the state. There I bought a cheap car with money that I had been slowly taking from his club and saving up. And I drove. Until I got here and met mr. Jim. And you know the rest."

My confession left him a little speechless. His facial expression was one of anger and shock. I starred down at my hands again, waiting. "Please say something. I don't want you to judge me." He slowly wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me to him. Trying to comfort me seeing as I was clearly starting to cry. "I would never judge you. It just makes me even angrier now hearing some of the things you had to do. I want to kill this guy more than before." I smiled at his words. I knew shooting a man and leaving him for dead wasn't what would upset him. He does it all the time. It was hearing details, even just a little bit, of what I had to do there. I didn't want him to think of me as used up. Worthless. Dirty. It was one of my biggest fears upon meeting him. But now, seeing his reaction, I knew he would never look at me that way. The things I did were not my choice. I was the victim. So was Trixie. So were so many other girls who are still stuck there.

He rubbed my back and I buried my face into him. "I wish I had met you sooner. I wish none of that ever happened to you. I wish I could have been the one to save you, shoot that guy for you. So you would never have to live knowing what it's like. But you did what you had to do. Like you said before, you had to do it for survival. And there's nothing wrong with that. I couldn't be the one to protect you then, but I can be the one to do it from here on out. I love you Mina. That's never going to change. I promise you that." His statement made my heart flutter. How does his words always seem to calm me like nothing else? I lifted my head up and faced him again. He then pulled my face to his and kissed me roughly, as if he were afraid I'd disappear. But our moment was cut short when his phone went off.

What?! Yeah. Oh really?
Get your ass over here. Let him come.

He hung up the phone and began to get out of bed. "What's wrong?" I asked in a panic. He turned around to face me as he was putting on his jeans. "You might want to get dressed. That bastard is apparently on his way here. Clearly he's not very smart trying to sneak up on my property."

His words sent chills through me. Fear settled in. Sergio knew exactly where I was and was coming to get me. I was sure he wouldn't be alone. And I was sure he wouldn't be unarmed. I wanted to crumble into pieces, thinking about Jeff or any of the DR's getting hurt in the next hour or so. I couldn't handle it. I wouldn't be able to.

I watched as Jeff opened up a locked closet door. One I had never even noticed before. As he opened it and turned a light on, I saw his collection of firearms. Dozens. He began to shift through them and start to load. Once he loaded a larger one, he turned to me. "See? He's the one who won't make it out of here alive."

************************************
Finally got my account back. Will be updating this story sometime this week. Stay tuned