Chapter 11

I finished off my night.  I made sure to never glance over at Jeff and his "arm candy".  It was just about closing time when I felt my phone ding.

Trixie: I did it. I'm out. I'm heading East. Where are you?

Her text made everything that had been going on seem so distant and unimportant. I quickly responded.

Me: pinewood nc

I stood there. Waiting. I could hardly breath. She made it out?! I hoped she didn't do it the way I did.

Trixie: in my gps. I'm on my way.

Her text made me go on a completely different mode.  Survival.....

I quickly cleaned up the glasses that were on the bar.  I counted the drawer.  I put the cash in the deposit safe box. Then, I yelled to the DR group who was still lingering. "EVERYONE OUT. CLOSING!!!" 

They all looked over at me, even Jeff.  I noticed a confused look on his face. But I didn't care. I had to get out of there.

They began to move out. I didn't even wait. I grabbed my things and ran out the back.   I darted to my car. Fumbling with my keys in a hurry, when I felt a strong arm flip me around. "We need to talk!"  Jeff's deeper voice was present. "Not now. I have to go." I pleaded and I tried to turn back to my door.  He flipped me around again.  For a moment he just looked at me up and down.  I didn't have time for this.  "Just let me go.  I have to leave." I yelled.  He placed both hands on both of my arms. "Calm down. Is this over Caroline?" He asked.

I wanted to kill him right then and there. Arrogant ass! At that moment, I couldn't keep it in anymore.....

"I don't give a shit about your whore. I have to go help save a life. Just leave me alone!!!"

I was pretty sure the whole town heard me considering how loud I was being.  It made him back off, and give me a look of fear. Wow. I can actually scare this guy?  I never thought that was possible.

That was the moment I broke.  I had been holding in so much from the past. So much from what I ran away from. So much from this man who came into my life.  So much from the night.  I couldn't take it anymore. I fell to ground and started sobbing.

I could feel my body being lifted off the ground and the cold air of the night rushing through my hair. It wasn't until I felt myself being propped on top of a table in side the bar that I looked up.

"You tell me what's wrong right now.  If it's Caroline, I'll pick up my phone and call her to come back here and tell her in front of you to leave me alone. Hell, I'll get a fucking tattoo tomorrow that says Mina if that's what you want.  But you need to talk to me and tell me what you want.  And tell me what the fuck is going on."

I was confused by him. If he really would do such a thing, then why bring her there. "Why was she with you?" I asked. I waited for his answer. He looked down. Clearly trying to calm his inner demon. "Because......Don and Pete told me about the diner today. They told me you didn't seem to happy and even surprised that I told everyone you were mine. I did what I know. I fell back and tried to make you jealous." His confession made my heart melt. How could little ol' me have such an impact on such a big, strong, dangerous man like him.

I grabbed his face with both of my hands on either side, and forced him to look at me. Look at my mascara dripping face. "Don't ever do that again. You have a problem with me? A question? You come to me. Because I promise you, next time, I'll run." The look in his eyes turned to lust. Hunger. His breathing was more of panting. As if he had been running a mile just moments before. He wrapped his strong hands around me, grabbing onto my behind and scooted me closer to him. Forcing his lips onto me. Forcing his tongue inside to hungrily search for mine. I could hear him slightly moan as he moved his body to be directly in between my legs.

At that moment, I wanted nothing more than feeling him inside of me. I didn't care about Caroline. I pushed Trixie out of my mind. All I wanted was to be with a man, this man, who wanted me so badly. A man who I, MYSELF, chose to be with. To feel wanted for all the right and normal reasons. I not only wanted him. I needed him.

But not on a cold table in back of a bar.

"Take me home....."