Chapter 9

A small crowd started forming.  I could see other DR's walking closer to the scene. "Need any help?" Don asked.  Jeff never removed his eyes from Frank, who was now standing. "I think someone here needs to be escorted home." He answered back. A look of fear came to Frank's eyes. "No! Please! I'll leave. I promise I won't be botherin her no more!" He pleaded in a panic.  A few DR's came out of the small group and grabbed him by the arms. I watched as they pulled him away into the back somewhere, listening to him cry out trying to reason with them. It wasn't stopping them.

I stood there in shock. Not moving. Not saying a word.  I wondered what they were really going to do to him once civilian eyes were no longer watching.  I looked over at Joanie. She was walking towards Jeff. "I'm sorry. I didn't know. I wouldn't have said a word if I did." She too pleaded with him.  His stance was still stiff and cold. It wasn't until Don came and stood next to Joanie that Jeff finally spoke. "It's ok. But now.....you know." I could see her start to relax once more.

Jeff looked up at the people who had come out in front to view the show. As he did, they quickly turned and began to return to the bonfire. Then.....he turned to face me.....

The look in his eyes weren't angry anymore. More of a concerned look.  I could feel my heart beating fast.  "Told you you shouldnt walking these streets at night.  He's not even the worst around here." His words made me feel somewhat guilty, but I wasn't even sure why.  "I'm sorry." Was all I could say.  He walked over to me and gently took my hand in his. "Come on" was all he said as he began to guide me out into the street. We stopped in front of his bike and he handed me the helmet. I didn't refuse his unspoken request. I put the helmet on and climbed up on his bike behind him.

******************************************

As I climbed off the bike in front of my house, I turned back to face him.  The feelings I had been feeling since Joanie's were burning up inside of me and making my brain hurt.  "Do you want to come in?" My voice was so quiet, even I could barely hear myself.  Without a word, he turned his bike off and laid his helmet on the handle.

Once inside, I had so many questions that I just did not know how to ask. "I see you've been emptying out your boxes in here." He glanced around at the progress I made. "Yeah. I've been trying to get it done." He looked back over at me. We stood there for a moment, not saying a word. But I had to know. "What did your boys do with Frank?" My voice shook as I spoke. Jeff cleared his throat and started walking closer to me. "We took care of him." His answer wasn't good enough for me. "You're not gonna kill him or anything. Are you?" I was almost afraid of the answer. Jeff smirked at me. "Doubt it. But he will learn his lesson. That's for sure."

His devilish smile made my roll my eyes. Now I had more questions. "Why did you tell him that when it comes to me, it does concern you?" The moment it slipped through my lips, he stood directly in front of me and gently placed his hand on my lower back to slowly guide me towards him. I didn't back away this time. My brain and body yearned to be that close to him. I hadn't seen his face or heard his voice in a week, and at that moment realized I had had withdrawals.

"Are you not going to answer me?" I finally asked, breaking the silence between us. He smirked once more. "I don't know if you're gonna like the answer." I gave him a perplexed look. "Try me." I demanded. He placed his other hand on my cheek, rubbing his thumb across my lips. My breathing began to escalate. Butterflies started the flutter deep inside of my core. "I want you to be mine."

His words made my heart leap out of my chest. I tried to control myself, but just couldn't. My body took over as I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled his lips to mine. He quickly accepted them and took over. I allowed him to take the lead.

We were sightly interrupted by his phone ringing in his pocket. He released his lips from mine to look at who was calling. Only this time, he didn't answer. He put his phone back into his pocket and pulled me to him once more. he lifted me up so that my legs could wrap around his waist.

I could feel myself being transported up the stairs. I pointed towards the door to my room seeing as he stood there still for a moment wondering which direction to go. I laughed a little into his mouth and I felt him smile in return.

He sat me down on my bed and took his vest and shirt off, releasing his tattooed chest in front of me. Quickly he lifted mine right off my head and threw it across the room as if he was an impatiently excited toddler on Christmas morning. The thought of him seeing me as a pretty wrapped gift made me smile at him once more.

He lifted me off the bed in order to stand up in front of him as his lips returned to mine. I could hear him begin to take his jeans down so I followed his lead. As They were tossed to the side, he released his mouth and starred at me for a moment. "What?" I asked while trying to catch my breath. His eyes came back to mine. "You're beautiful." His words made me giggle. I could feel my cheeks start to get warm from blushing. He quickly returned to continue kissing me.

I felt him slowly lay me down onto the mattress. His hands exploring my almost naked body. His fingers reaching to the back of my bra to try and release the clasp. When suddenly, his phone began to ring once more......

He stopped what he was doing and swore out loud. Clearly annoyed. So was I. "What the hell do you want?! I'm busy!" He yelled into the phone. He listened quietly to the person on the other end. Lightly kissing my lips to try and continue the moment. But that didn't last long. "I'm gonna kill someone once I get there Don." He said as he hung his phone up. "Everything ok?" I was concerned once I heard who he was talking to. He let out a heavy sigh and closed his eyes, kissing me slowly. "It will be. But I hate to do this. Trust me. I hate it. But I'll be back." He said as he lifted himself off of me.

I sat on the edge of my bed still in my bra and underwear. Watching him quickly get dressed. "Do you really have to go?" I could even hear the disappointment in my voice. He turned back around to me and kissed me once again with a strong sense of passion and want. "I do. But this isn't over." His sexy but dangerous smile was the last thing I saw as he walked out of my room and out of the house.