Chapter 2

I walked towards her bunk, knocked on the door in the hope of having no answer, but unfortunately Vasquez was right.

When she opened the door, she was left without a reaction.  Didn't expect me to be there ...

----------

POV ANDY

I didn't believe I had been careless to the point where Robert found out about my straight shifts.  In fact, I hadn't been, Vasquez must have been gossiping.  If he wanted to get out of this situation, I should be calm in person.  Being on shift after shift was no problem, that was my answer to any questions from Robert at that time.  I doubled my shift, that's all.

"I believe this is not your bunk bed, so unless you get confused, I see no reason to be knocking on my door, even more out of your shift. Did you forget anything here?" - straightforward and with no space for anything outside  of the answer to my question.  I hoped he was here for another reason.

"Can I know what you are doing here, again?" - he said looking directly into my eyes.  - "your shift is over and you should have gone home to rest."
I lowered my head without wanting to make eye contact with him.

"Not that I owe you any explanation right now, but I'm doubling my shift and there's no problem with that! Now if you can excuse me, I have a lot to do!" - the open door was an invitation for him to leave.

"Do you know what you learn when you become an addict? I always know when they are lying, because that's what I always did!" - I knew where he was going and I didn't like it at all.

"I'm not addicted to anything! I want you to leave!

"Andy, you just became captain of 19. You waited so long for this. I don't think you want to throw it all away now." -He said in his deep voice, which made me shiver and keep avoiding eye contact.  deep down, I knew he was right, but I didn't want to admit. - "I'm sure you know that getting a good night's sleep to do your job is essential.  If you don't want me to help you, I'll get someone else to do it.  You choose, "he concluded.

"You really like to help everyone, including those who didn't ask for any help. I don't need you to teach me how to do my job, I know how to do it very well, thank you. And what makes you think that I can't exercise my  work, at that specific moment? "- there was no way he could be sure I wasn't going home-" Did I leave anything to be desired?  did i let someone die?  someone behind?  I know my limits very well.  I said it once and I will repeat it, I don't need your paternalistic idea.  I already have a father!

POV OFF

Robert took advantage of Andy's last line as a cue to talk to Pruitt about Andy's actions.
He didn't know what else to do and thought his father-in-law would handle this rough side of Andy better.

POV Pruitt

He was at home, lying on my bed.  He was not feeling very well.  I heard my cell phone ring and got up to see who was calling me.  It was Robert.

"Hello, Robert. To what do I owe the honor?"

"Sorry to bother you, Pruitt, but I need to talk to you about Andy."

"What about my daughter?"

"Andy is not well. I found out that she is sleepless and taking long, consecutive shifts. I tried to talk to her, but she is adamant."  I heard Robert's sad voice.  "I don't know what else to do and I thought you could help" -Robert ended with a long sigh.

"You know that Andrea wouldn't risk the life of your team. So what is the reason that makes you believe that such a thing is happening? You know that she prioritizes that season more than anything!" - I didn't believe Andy would do something like that  , if it was happening there should be a reason.  - "Did something happen at the station that made her ask for more shifts? Something that needed her help?"