Chapter 16

The day magically dawned sunny in Seattle.  Days like these were rare.  It was as if the universe conspired in favor of the Sullivan couple, who were still sleeping cuddled together.

The rays of sunlight streaming through the slightly open curtains made Robert wake up from his slumber while Andy still slept on his chest.  Still not wanting to get rid of the small bubble they were in, Robert just watched her sleep while tracing light movements in her body.

Maybe the word 'happiness' could not describe the immeasurable happiness he felt at the time.

Lost in his thoughts, Robert was brought back when he felt his wife stir, waking up from her comfortable sleep and mumbling a barely audible 'good morning', not even bothering to open her eyes, which sparked a slight her husband's smile. He knew Andy did this often when she didn't feel fully awake, falling almost instantly back to her sleep.

Since today was both their day off, Robert took the opportunity to go down and prepare breakfast while he let Andy sleep a little longer, moving it carefully out of his chest.

In the kitchen, he made scrambled eggs with bacon and coffee and returned to the bedroom. As soon as he entered, he noticed that his wife was no longer in bed.

A loud and not very friendly conversation was going on inside the bathroom. Andy was on the phone.  Out of nowhere, everything went silent and Andy came out of the bathroom already dressed in his uniform, leaving Robert confused because today was their day off and he had a whole day prepared for them both- "Did something happen?" -Robert asked leaning the coffee tray on the dresser.

"I had training with another station this weekend but it was early and the boss wants me to go there now." -Andy's frustration was evident in his voice. All she wanted to do was have a restful and fun day with her husband, as they've done nothing but work for a long time, so this was the opportunity, which had just been ruined- "I slept a total of two hours tonight, I'm not eating properly, my plans have just gone awry and I'll still have to spend half my day with another station. My morning started off great." -it was easy to notice the sarcasm in her last sentence.  She was really angry and tired as she didn't feel very well due to her discomfort from last night.

Andy went back to the bathroom and Robert followed her, trying to ease some of the tension created in her.  She was arranging her hair into a bun.  That wasn't a good sign... one thing he's learned during their time together is that she demonstrates her dissatisfaction to the smallest detail and whenever she's stressed, she arranges her hair in a bun- "Hey, Andy. What time do you come back?"

"At 12:00 at the latest."

"Great. We'll still have half the day to the two of us." -Robert said wrapping his arms around her waist as she rested her head on his chest- "I have a place for us tonight and I think you'll like it."

"Oh yeah? And can I know which place this is?"

"You'll know when you get back. Now go. Before you're late and the boss catches your eye." -he accompanied her to the car door, kissing her goodbye- "Bye, take care. See you soon. I love you."

"See you soon. Love you too."

-

Arriving at the station, Andy went straight to putting his things in his locker and then joining the team to begin training. In one of the exercises, a newbie, in a movement not very well calculated, let one of the ropes hit Andy's face, and Andy immediately lost patience. Today was definitely not a good day for her.

-

It was around 12:15pm when Andy's car pulled into the garage at home.  Robert was preparing lunch for them when he noticed her presence there, not very pleased- "Is everything alright? What's that on your face?" -Robert asked genuinely concerned.