Chapter 8

"The past two years ... She may not remember the past two years. I'm sorry." -Dra. Grey moved away, giving Robert room to deal with the situation.

He did not know how to react to the news he had just received. If that happened, she wouldn't remember him. She wouldn't remember anything they lived through. He was going to lose her again, right now that he had her back. The feeling he had at that moment was that her heart had been ripped out with Andy ... his life depended on what was going to happen to her. He couldn't live with the fact that she wouldn't remember him.

----------

"In addition" - continued dr. Grey - "Andy has had an improvement. As soon as the authorization papers are signed, we will take her for surgery. Remembering that it is still highly risky, due to the location of the bullets."

Robert did not know whether he had been more relieved or more tense by that news. On the one hand, she had improved slightly, on the other, she was still at risk. "Okay Dr. Grey, where do I sign?"

"I will bring the documents to you in a little while, in the meantime we will prepare the operating room." She replied and was about to leave when Robert called her back.

"Dr. Grey ... Is it possible for me to see you up close, before the surgery?"

"Robert, even if I want to, I can't, it's against ..." -but before she could finish, he interrupted her.

"I know it's against the rules, but I just wanted to hold her hand at least once in a long time and wish you luck. Please?"

Dr. Grey was reluctant not to leave, but she knew how he felt so she gave in. "Okay, fine. You have two minutes, until I get back."

"Thank you, Dr. Grey. Thank you very much."

Robert was running as fast as he could to Andy's room. He put on a mask as the levels of care with her were doubled due to her low immunity and he sat next to her. She looked so fragile. Seeing that pile of threads keeping her alive, only made his heart ache even more. Taking his hand, he had a quick conversation, but it was necessary for her to feel that he was there with her the whole time. He didn't know if it was possible, but he believed it would convey his love for her. "Hey, baby." -he said giving a light kiss on his forehead- "you are being a warrior, but we need you to keep fighting. Now they are finally going to get this lot of things out of you and you will be fine." - Blinked trying to contain the tears that threatened to fall from his eyes - "A few days ago you told me that I was your safe place. I think now the roles are reversed. You are the safest place I have, you are my home. Time to go ... I'll be right here when you get back. I love you. "

With one last kiss, he turned around leaving the room. Dr. Grey had already returned with the papers to sign and they were finally taking her. Everything was going to be all right. He had to trust.

They took Andy to the operating room. Anything could happen. Just as the surgery could be a success, it could also be a major failure. Andy was still very fragile, but he was the strongest that they had to perform the surgery. Maybe if they expected more, they might not even have the slightest chance of saving her, so it had to be now.