Chapter 7

As soon as she opened the door, there was a rain of them in the direction of Andy, along with the fire dyeing it ... and everything went out.

-----------

Robert had already referred the victims to the ambulance when he heard an explosion somewhere in the building.  In the middle of it all, he heard someone answer the question that Maya had asked.  It was a weapon factory.  With all that heat, ammunition ... this explosion could only mean one thing.  The ammunition and supplies had become overheated.

The rest of the team had already left the building and looked for Andy among the people, instantly understanding that she was still inside and without a mask.  Against all protocols and orders, Sullivan and the entire team entered the building in search of Andy.  Their captain was still inside and they are a family.  They would never put protocols above any of theirs.

Andy's motion device had been beeping from the moment they entered the building, which meant she was not moving.  They walked towards where the sound was coming from, going to the end of the corridor.  The fire was mirroring very quickly down the corridor, apart from the large part of it that had already been completely destroyed by the explosion.

Robert stopped where there had previously been a door and the sound grew louder and louder.  Looking at the ground, he can see that he was stepping into a huge gooey puddle.  It was blood.  A lot of blood.  Robert felt as if all of his strength was gone at that moment and his legs failed.  Maya, realizing the trance he had entered, decided to make the decisions, following the sound of the device and finding Andy not far from there.

"We need the paramedics here. NOW."  - that's what Maya said, making Robert come back to reality.  Nothing in the world would prepare him for what he was seeing.  Maya had one hand on Andy's neck checking her pulse, which was weak but was there, and the other somewhere on her chest, which was covered in blood everywhere.  His face was now covered with cuts and Robert just couldn't move.  It was as if his world was going into slow motion- "Can any of you help me. I only have two hands. She's bleeding from the abdomen and I need help."  - realizing that Robert was of no use in the face of the situation, Gibson immediately went to help Maya where it was needed.  It was a race against time.  They needed to get Andy to the hospital as soon as possible.

Robert was in shock.  It was understandable, the woman he loves was in front of him between life and death.

"Okay, Bishop. The stretcher is already here. We need to be quick. Her heartbeat is falling."  -Ben said, trying to remain calm and agile.  Robert was kneeling beside the team, as tears streamed and he whispered in Andy's ear so that she would be fine.  Everyone was afraid and wished with all their heart that she would be well, but the condition in which she found herself, it was difficult for that to happen.  Maybe just a miracle.

They walked out of the building, removing Andy, placing her in the ambulance and connecting her to the handheld monitor that soon made a shrill sound, which meant that something was going wrong.  "She's not breathing. I need you to keep the pressure on your injuries while I do CPR."  -Ben said and Maya soon started to massage Andy's chest.  For the twenty minutes, that monitor continued to beep like a horrible siren.  It was as if the fear they were feeling made the noise ten times worse.

When the monitor finally stopped, Warren intubated Andy as fast as he could.  She needed to be intubated, because if it happened again, it was very likely that they would not be able to bring her back.  As soon as he finished intubating it, Ben watched his signals on the monitor.

"What do we do now, Warren ?."  -Maya spoke in a way that it seemed that her body was present but her soul was very far away.

"I need someone to go in the ambulance, to continue with the pressure on the injuries."