Chapter 27

"No need. I just need to see one person before I never bring it up again." -Andy said goodbye to everyone and left.

-----------

The first time Andy entered that place after his father's death, it was as if a freezing cold down his spine prevented her from passing through the cemetery gates. It wasn't fear, she already knew what awaited her in that place, thought it was just the uncertainty that she could talk to him again. After all, no one would answer.

Andy walked through the graves until he came to a beautiful chapel that the fire department had built for his colleagues who had lost their lives in service. Pruitt's headstone was filled with fresh flowers, signifying that someone had recently passed by.

The words carved into the stone could not represent him better: 'The best father, fireman, captain and friend the fire department and family have ever had.'

"I thought I needed to come and tell you in person, Daddy... I managed to get Mark out of there. It won't put anyone in danger anymore. All the ones you always told me would support you in whatever situation, really they did that. I don't think I could bear it all and still defend my corporation if it weren't for the family you chose for me, Papi. Rest assured that this time I would be here to take care of them too. I love you." -Andy said goodbye with tears in her eyes right after leaving some flowers.

Already at home with the whole team, Robert kept running through his head the possible places Andy could have gone but none of them seemed logical. He was worried before when she didn't tell him where she was going, but now, after all the calls going straight to voicemail, he was increasingly distressed without having a clue where she might have gone or how she was doing. .

Maya had already noticed his restlessness as he was pacing back and forth trying to contact Andy- "Hey, Sullivan. It's all right??" she asked, not alarming the rest of the team, knowing his apprehensive attitude was related to Andy.

"Andy left before we came here, but he didn't say where he was going and he doesn't answer my calls. She was supposed to be back..." - Robert replied, rubbing his hands over his face.

"Relax. She's already there." -Bishop assured him of this, intending that she could help and returned to the team.

A few minutes later, which to Robert seemed like an eternity, Andy walked through the door, going straight to greet the entire team. She didn't fail to notice that she was being watched by Robert, who hadn't looked away from her for a second since she got home.

After greeting everyone who was there, she went to Robert with a reassuring smile on her face- "You can undo that face... I'm already there."

"Where have you been and why haven't you answered any of my calls?"

Andy put his hands on his face and caught his lips, before answering, "I went to the cemetery. I needed to talk to my dad and I'm sorry I didn't see your calls. I left my cell phone in the car." -they kept the conversation in a low tone so that only the two of them could hear, even because it was not necessary for anyone but them to know what they were talking about.

"All right." -he replied, returning the kiss quickly to her, taking advantage of the fact that the team was not paying attention to them- "I was just worried. Now let's celebrate..."

Andy and Robert spent the night together with all their friends, talking about all the craziness and changes that each had in their routine. That problem had finally been resolved and station 19 was back on track, with all those who built and are still building security for the fire department and the population of Seattle.

---//---