Chapter 20

~~~~~

~~~~~

CHAPTER TWENTY

~~~~~

Lucas's POV

It was like a dream come true.

I knew that Rhea suddenly did not love me and neither did I expect her to. I was just happy that she was making an effort in our relationship. I thought that this would be a marriage on paper only. Never was I this ecstatic to be wrong.

Breakfast was a success today. Rhea surely loved her food. And to catch her staring at my hot and sexy body was just a bonus.

Though we had returned to the States, we decided to take a week off and get to know each other. It was Andrea who suggested it. So here I was, waiting for her to grace me with her presence, so we could go clothes shopping at the nearby mall. This was Rhea's idea of a date. And like the whipped guy I am, I agreed.

"Hey, I'm ready. Can we leave now?"

"Yeah, we may. And you are looking hot as ever." She rolled her eyes but pecked my cheek before leading me to the car.

I opened the passenger seat door for her and gestured for her to get in. After she sat and stuck her tongue out at me, I closed the door. I got in the driver's seat at turned the Mercedes on.

Rhea turned the radio on and some funky song started blaring. I decreased the volume and asked her, "Are you enjoying today?"

"Yeah, babe. Now, remove your hand from the radio and let me listen to my favourite BTS song, shoo." I removed the hand and increased the volume a little bit. 

Andrea turned the volume dial to the point that the whole car was vibrating with her ' favourite BTS song'.

"Rhea, the whole car is vibrating and this is going to burst my ears."

"That is the whole point of it." She hid her mouth behind her hand and giggled. Though what whole point she got from it, I don't know.

When we reached the mall, I told her to wait in the car while I opened the door. Taking her hand in mine, we went to the various stores.

We went to many high-end cloth shops, but I noticed that Andrea did not buy much. She only bought a few, and just checked out the others. I tried to pay for her but we reached an agreement that I will only pay at alternate stores.

As we exited one more store, I finally asked her, "Why are you not buying them? You know that you can get whatever you want?"

"I don't need a huge amount of clothes. I am just checking them out, to get a feel of what designs are in trend. Then I will inform Sarah who manages our clothing line. We don't copy the designs but we keep knowledge of what type of clothes each company has, and which are the best selling."