ELEVEN

ELEVEN

Lucas's POV

I have a strong feeling that Maria knows Andrea. I hope the letter finds its way towards Andrea.

Will she come and meet me? I know that she's changed and that's the only reason I'm scared. She might be feeling guilty so I know she won't face me. I was so happy when I came to know that Andrea changed for good. My opinion of her is also changed. I used to think she's a Coward and a bitch but she's the strongest woman I've ever seen.

She couldn't accept her love for me and lie to me. A single lie changed her complete life and she didn't say a word. She sacrificed her family, friends, and me, whom she needed the most. I'm so proud that she's my wife, I knew long back, though she's cruel she has a heart. And, whatever she did in the past was out of hatred.

You are hard to understand, Lucas.

I smile sheepishly at my inner self. As I'm going to be a father, I need to know everything about pregnancy. I opened the Kindle app and decided to read a book. I found the book "We're Pregnant! The First-Time Dad's Pregnancy Handbook" by Adrian Kulp.

I was so indulged in reading that I didn't hear the knock at the door.

"Lucas, I decided to host a party today evening at 7:30 pm, do give us the pleasure of attending it," Mr Jadeja asserted.

"I would love to be a part of it," I said smiling.

Though I had happily replied to Mr Jadeja that I would attend his 'deal signed successfully' party, I had no desire to join. My only wish was to find Andrea as soon as possible, hug her a lot, and take her back home.

Several hours passed, till it was 7:15 and almost time for the party. I had begrudgingly dressed into a navy blue three-piece suit with a red tie. I was still pacing in my room thinking of valid reasons to not attend the party and ditch it.

I took my phone in my hand and opened Mr Jadeja's contact. My real reason was that I was contacting a private investigator tomorrow morning as going to Maria was a no-show and I needed to talk some courage into me. As I could not exactly tell this to my dear business partner, I was going to tell him that I was sick.

And it was uh kinda true. The thermometer showed that I had a high temperature, though it may be due to the tea placed on my bedside table. And I was coughing as well.

Cough cough

As I was about to click on the call button, the hotel phone rang. I placed my mobile aside and received the call. I casually laid down on top of the bed.

"Who is this?"

"This is Maria Jadeja calling from the reception, and is expecting you to show up at the party, I specially came to the hotel to call you, I'm leaving within two minutes."

"I cannot come, Maria. Cough cough. Please say sorry to cough Mr Jadeja on my behalf. I cough sick and won't be able to attend his party. Cough"

"Oh, I am sorry to hear that. I will send regards from your side to Papa-" I should become an actor, perhaps as a side business, I thought that I would have to convince her a bit but she believed me on the first try. Good job, Lucas, good job.

"-and to someone special who would be attending the party today after a lot of persuasions."

I sat up abruptly. "Are you saying what you think you are saying? Is she going to be there today?"

"It is a pity that you would not be able to know since you are sick. Though you are not coughing now, you should rest for today. The party ain't that important, right Lucas?" Busted. Damn my acting skills. She knew from the start, that cunning woman.

"I am coming to the ballroom in a minute. Wait outside the door for me." I straightened my clothes, wore my watch, and placed my phone in my pocket.

She laughed but did not say anything.

"If I get to meet her today, you are a saviour and I will forever be indebted to you, Maria." I exited my room and closed the door behind me.

Walking to the elevators, I heard her speaking. "You will have to do anything I say. No, take-backs. Hope you don't regret this."

She giggled. "I will do anything for you. You are just like my sister. I am hanging up now, bye."

I got into the elevator and pressed the button. It descended to the first floor. I walked out towards the exit.

I called a cab and asked him to drop me at "Mahavi Gardens". It was not that far from the hotel because I reached the place in twenty minutes.

I paid the driver and went inside. The place was beautiful, it was decorated with golden lights, a bar was there and a stage. People were talking to each other and faint music was playing in the background.

I was looking for the person whom I was eager to meet. No, I'm not that dumb to not know who that special person is.

I was looking for my heart who was out in the crowd. And, there she was, the queen of my dreams, talking with the Jadeja family. She was looking beautiful, taking my breath away from me. She wore an off-white dress. I wanted to kiss her and hug her. She was laughing at something Maria said, her hair was blowing with the wind and her head was falling back.

When will I get to hear her laugh and cute voice? I wanted to go near her and talk to her but my legs were fixed to the ground.

I wanted to stare at her smiling face until eternity.

And, you'll miss the chance to talk to her. Great going, Lucas keeps staring at her and she'll be back in your life.

I pushed my thoughts away, took a long breath, and went towards her.

My breath hitched, I could smell her scent of vanilla and lavender. I motivated myself and called her.

"Andrea"

~~~~~~~~

The next chapter is up, yay!

Leave your opinions in the comment section below!

Will be back next Thursday with a new chapter!

~~~~~~~~~