Chapter 25

~~~~~

~~~~~

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

~~~~~

Andrea's POV- Almost a year of marriage

It was Monday morning and I was alone in the penthouse. I had taken leave because I was sick over the weekend. Lucas wanted to stay home, but he had an important meeting he could not cancel.

So here I was, sitting on a comfy beanbag, twirling a pen between my fingers. I had a half-filled cup of hot chocolate on the table in front of me where my legs were propped on. I had my headphones on and my journal in my lap ready to be written in.

Dear Diary,

I am in a huge dilemma. My head feels like it's going to burst from all the thinking I have done in the past few days. The cause of this is that my and Lucas's first wedding anniversary is just around the corner.

A huge part of me still resents him for bringing my family onto the streets. My father had to bow his head and beg for help. He did this only because he could not handle rejection.

He says sorry now and it also seems as if he regrets it now, but it does not change the past, does it? It does nothing to all the hardships my family faced just because a whiny twenty-year-old brat could not get his way. He will never be able to understand our sweat and tears.

I vowed that he would have to face my wrath. I tried to take away his company from him but I realized that his family is innocent, and I should not hurt them. That day I decided I would have my revenge by breaking his heart into smithereens.

But a lot has changed in a year. He was so supportive during the Claire incident. But one good deed does not forgive a hundred bad deeds. Though this idiom does not exactly apply here as it is the inverse here.

I am pretty sure I am rambling at this point. The only thing I know is that I still want my revenge but do not want to lose him completely.

I hope you could talk to me and suggest to me what to do. I think I'm going crazy at this point.

P.S. fangirl alert!!!!! Sex with Lucas is so fabulous!

I put my pen down and closed my journal. I sat there silently for a few minutes just listening to the music.

After a while, I finally got up to do some yoga. I also go to the gym but I find yoga much more relaxing. It has become a habit these past few months whenever my mind has been in chaos.

I kept my things in their appropriate places and walked to my closet to change into a sports bra and spandex shorts.

As I reached the closet entrance, I suddenly felt a strong wave of dizziness. I supported myself against the door. A weird feeling erupted in my stomach. I immediately pushed the bathroom door open and vomited in the toilet. I felt very exhausted and sat on the bathroom floor with my back against the cool tiled wall.

When I was sure that I was not feeling nauseous or dizzy, I got up and splashed my face with water. I brushed my teeth and I could still taste the bile in my mouth.

Getting out of the bathroom, I laid on the bed on my back with my feet dangling and my toes touching the carpet. I googled the symptoms to find out more. I was feeling like this for the past few days and I needed to see the doctor.

Dizziness, nausea, and vomiting are common during pregnancy, known as hyperemesis gravidarum. This often occurs early in pregnancy because of your changing hormone levels. If you have this condition, you may be unable to keep down food or water, resulting in dizziness and weight loss.

Could I be pregnant? It was possible. Though we usually used a condom, there were times we forgot and I never got on the pill.

Before I could start jumping to conclusions, I took my purse and drove to the nearby pharmacy. I did not even change my clothes. I bought a pregnancy kit and rushed back home.

I wanted to tell someone, but I needed to be sure first. I read the instructions on the outer box first. I went into our conjoined bathroom and peed on the stick. It was so fucking weird. Did they not have any other way to check pregnancies? At home, I mean.

I set a timer for five minutes and meanwhile I sat on the toilet seat trying to calm myself. As the timer rang, I checked the stick and the box for instructions again.

There was only a single line. It was negative. I was not pregnant.

I was relieved. I wanted children someday in my life, but this was not the right moment. But I could not help but think of the possibility if I was pregnant.

Seeing the negative pregnant stick, I got an idea. I chucked the stick into the bin.

The idea was fabulous. I could get my revenge on Lucas and I would not lose him either. And if things went too far, I could always tell him the absolute truth.

With that in mind, I picked up my phone and messaged Lucas.

Hi, did a home pregnancy kit. It came out positive. I don't think we are still ready for a child. We should abort it.

~~~~~

Hi dreamers, how is the chapter?

Do you feel like killing Andrea? I surely do.

Free advice, don't abort or medically terminate kids. They are god's gift and not everyone is so blessed with a bunch of joy!

~~~~~