Chapter 26

~~~~~

~~~~~

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

~~~~~

Lucas's POV

I was having my lunch break when my phone pinged with what could be called the most horrifying message in the history of messages.

Hi, did a home pregnancy kit. It came out positive. I don't think we are still ready for a child. We should abort it.

I immediately unlocked my phone and opened the contacts to call Andrea.

The number you are trying to call is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

I tried to call her multiple times but she did not pick up the phone. I could not believe this. Could she be this selfish to abort an innocent child?

Picking up my car keys, I rushed down to the underground parking area.

"Sir, do you want me to drive you somewhere?"

I waved him away and unlocked my car. Stepping in, I pressed the accelerator and zoomed out. I was pretty sure breaking the speed limit. Thankfully I was not stopped on my way to Andrea's office. I reached there in record time.

I pressed the elevator button multiple times and tapped my foot impatiently as it arrived.

As it arrived, I rushed in before anyone could come out. I pressed on the button to Andrea's floor, and the doors closed before all people could move out or the people standing outside come in.

Few of the employees looked at me angrily for my behaviour but I replied, "I'm sorry but it's an emergency."

One of the ladies stared a little longer but did not say a word.

I frankly ran out of the elevator to Andrea's office. As I stood outside the door, I heard Andrea and her best friend Sarah speaking so I sighed in relief.

I was about to enter but I heard Sarah's voice rising so I stood outside the door. I knew I was practically eavesdropping but I needed to know what she was thinking.

"Have you gone completely bonkers, Andrea?"

"You don't understand, Sarah. When Lucas took over dad's company, we were left with nothing. He left us on the streets."

Why was she talking about this now? I thought we were over this long ago. " I know Andrea. I was with you the whole time. But this does not excuse your actions."

"Sarah, we were living in your house till Dad could get back on your feet. Do you know how embarrassing this is? You were not the one who was freeloading. I am not saying that I didn't enjoy living with you. But you think for yourself, would you like to be in someone's debt to the extent that they have to provide with necessities like food, clothing, and shelter?"