Bonus

Andrea's POV

Andrea's POV

With Theo being only two months old, I hadn't started working even after coming to India. Also, I wasn't sure about what to do, I was great at business and Lucas wanted me to join him after our son gets a little older, but I wasn't sure. I enjoyed much more teaching and baking. When I told Lucas about this, he suggested that I could mix both business and bakery and open a bakery. I could also join a baking school for professional baking.

I was researching about all the available options when I came across a heart-shaped locket with Cayden written on it. This was not the first time the name had crept up somewhere in our home. Lucas had refused to speak a word about it. I trusted him and knew he was not cheating, but I was baffled. I wanted to know who this Cayden person was.

Leaving the matter aside for now, I searched places to open a bakery and some online baking classes. After about an hour, the doorbell rang. It could not be Lucas as he said he had an important meeting today. I stood up leaving Theo sleeping in the movable cot in the living room.

"Coming, stop ringing the bell continuously."

I opened the door to see Sam standing there. I invited him in and informed him that if he wanted to see Lucas, it would not be possible today.

"No Andrea, I came to see you and my dearest nephew, Theo. As I was in China the past few months, I haven't yet got the chance to see him in real."

"He's sleeping now but he will wake up soon and you can see him after I feed him."

He looked embarrassed. "You breastfeed him?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Uhh. Nothing."

I started to clean up the mess I had made while talking about irrelevant topics. Soon enough, Theo started crying. I picked him up from the cot, soothed him till he calmed down and took him to the nursery to feed him.

"I'll be back soon, Sam."

"Um yeah. No problem. Take your time."

After feeding Theo, I brought him to Sam. He took him in his hands and started making faces which made Theo laugh and reach for his face. I winced when he pulled Sam's shoulder-length hair. I opened his fist forcefully so he would release Sam's hair.

"Damn, he's such a cutie. Andrea, I want to steal him away and keep him away from everyone."

I laughed and resumed my cleaning. I came across the locket again. Sam might have an idea of who Cayden is.

"Sam, who's Cayden?"

His face was shell shocked. "Who's that? Never heard of that name."

It was so clear that he was lying. "Please tell me the truth, Sam."

He sat like a statue for a few minutes without uttering a word. At last, he sighed heavily and said, "Ok, but remember, don't let the guilt of your past affect your present and future."