NINE

                            NINE

Andrea's POV

I was pacing around the whole house. I heard Lucas's voice, he's in Goa, did he arrive here in search of me? Did he come here to make me sign the divorce papers? I was so busy worrying about myself that I didn't even think that stress can be harmful to the baby.

I took off to the kitchen and had some cool water, relaxing my nerves. I then sat at the table and started to recollect everything.

I was going to the medical, heard a voice, Lucas's voice. I rushed to the medical bought a hot water bag, paid him, and scurried.

I again heard voices, this time someone else's voice. "Mam, mam''

Wait! That was the shopkeeper calling. Why was he calling me? Why do all the problems have to take off on my runway of vitality?

I took long breaths and went to my room to freshen up. I was taking my hot water bag from the purse when I noticed that my dairy was not there.

Oh, God! When will I breathe relief? Who has taken my dairy? Did Lucas get it? Will, he read it? I need to calm down, I can't put my baby at risk.

It's already 7:30 pm. I need to have my dinner and sleep. I made some pasta and pancakes. Now, don't think I'm mad. I was craving it.

By almost 8:00 pm the eats were ready. I served myself and started to munch on it.

I was bored so decided to design some jewellery. I designed five designs and was feeling sleepy. I put all the designs aside, switched off the lights, and hit my head to the pillow.

Next Morning

I called to take the class at 11:45 am as I missed my students. My students said they have 2 days leave due to the annual function preparations of their school. I had 10 students from this neighbourhood and 2 students from the colony next to us.

It is still 11:15 am so I decided to clean my house and dry the clothes. I had not had many clothes and my house was also not that big so working slowly doesn't harm me.

By the time I finished my work it was 11:45 am and my late comer kids didn't come. I just sat down to relax and the bell chimed. I huffed in annoyance and stood up to open the door.

"Good Morning, teacher. Today I'm early," Rohan gushed. I told my kids if they come on time I'll give them chocolate.

"Good boy, you deserve the chocolate," I said ruffling his hair.

"Mam, shall I leave the door open?" Rohan asked me.

I nodded and went to the kitchen to bring the chocolate for the kid.

When I came back I saw six other kids came so I decided to start.

"So kids, today we will design rings and bracelets. Boys will design rings and girls will suggest the fillings of the ring. Girls will design the bracelets and I'll do the filling of colour." I explained.

They started their work and I was sitting watching them when I got a call.

"Hello," I communicated.

"Stop with the hi's and hello's I want to meet you in person," Maria said in a serious voice.

"You every time come without calling so what's with this calling stuff?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"You'll know it once we meet." She replied and cut the call. Something has gone wrong or else she wouldn't be this serious.

After my class was done I called her. She said she'll be coming in 10 minutes.

I was waiting for her, watching the door. She came and was very grumpy by looks.

"What happened pregnant lady?" I asked her raising my eyebrow.

"You happened," she said grimacing.

If she won't say what's wrong with me or with her, how will I understand?

"Why did you leave your husband behind?" She fired at me.

"I wanted to have a tour to India and my husband was busy with business," I acted cool.

"Look at you once, how beautifully you lie, also, which husband will want to not accompany her pregnant wife and send her alone?" She asked me giving 'enough of your lies' look.

"Look, I don't wanna talk about it," I replied

"Yeah, yeah, why will you want to talk? I'm just a tail to your body and a wish fulfilled," she yelled.

That hurt to hear, she's right, she has always been there for me and now I say I don't wanna talk about it. Though I don't wanna share my past, she has the right to ask and know.

"I was a bitch, I wanted revenge so I decided to destroy his life. When that didn't work out I married to hurt him and lied to him that I got rid of the unborn kid, I thought of faking a pregnancy but never knew that I'll turn out to be pregnant,"  I explained to her.

"Why vengeance? What triggered you so bad that you took such a big step?" She asked me.

"In a nutshell, I was supposed to marry him as a payback for my father's money, I rejected, his big ego got hurt and got my family on the road, " I said her the whole thing.

"But that doesn't give you the right to hurt him, it was in the past, you could have forgiven him, approve your love for him and continue to build your family," She said putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I know, I did a mistake, so I left everything behind and came to India," I said in a sad tone.

"No problem, you realized your mistake. Also, don't forget, Everyone changes for good," she said giving me a ray of hope even I know that nothing will work out now.

"It's no use now, I heard him calling me when I went to medical the previous day, I know he's here to get a divorce from me, he'll never forgive, he'll hate me for my deeds," I cried.

"No, he won't," she gushed.

"What do you mean by the won't hate me thing?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Take this," she said giving me a piece of paper.

"What's this? Do you know him? How does he know you?" Did I ask her so many questions for real?

"Don't keep on questioning me and read it, and no you'll not get the answers from me, just think that I'm an unasked blessing," she said cockily.

~~~~~~

Here you go with the next chapter.

Sorry, for the late update, it just slipped my mind. What do you think will be Andrea's impact on knowing that Lucas is Maria's in-law's client? What will she do after reading the letter?

Let's meet in the next chapter!

~~~~~~~