II

🎶tarasti hain nigahain meri takti hain raahain teri sun kabhi aahain meri Yeh kese main bataon tujhey soti nahi ankhain meri kat-ti nahi raatain meri 🎶

takti hain raahain teri
sun kabhi aahain meri
Yeh kese main bataon
tujhey soti nahi ankhain meri
kat-ti nahi raatain meri 🎶

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

It had been six months since Mayera joined Singhania Corporations. True to his words, Arjun Singhania was absolutely not an easy person to work with. Everyday had been a new challenge and Mayera had loved every bit of it.

This was the reason why Mayera left home in the first place, to gain experience in the real world. And this company had abundantly provided her with it.

It was a Friday evening. Mayera wrapped up her work and walked towards Arjun's office.

After knocking, she entered, "I'm leaving. Do you need anything else?"

He looked up from his phone and shook his head in a no.

He had discarded his suit jacket, and was just in his black shirt and grey pants, with his sleeves folded till his elbow. His hair was messy.

Must have ran his hand through them like a million times.

He looked absolutely exhausted.

"Sir, I think you should go home now." Mayera suggested him.

"Yes, in a while." Arjun mutterred mindlessly and went back to his work.

Mayera sighed, defeatedly.

She slowly walked out of his office, only to run into Veer.

"Hey beautiful," Veer greeted Mayera with his dimpled smile.

Veer Malhotra was Arjun Singhania's best friend, and also a Michelin Star Chef. He had over 15 restaurants all over the globe.

Even though Veer and Arjun had been friends all their lives, they were still poles apart. On one hand, Arjun was never seen with a smile, on the other hand, Veer was never seen without one.

Mayera had met Veer a few days after she'd joined this company and they'd been friends since the moment they met.

"Hey! Thank God you're here." Mayera gave him a quick hug.

"Why? Did you miss me?" Veer winked.

Mayera rolled her eyes at his pathetic, harmless flirting.

"I want you to drag Arjun Sir to his home. He has barely gone home all week and he needs sleep badly." She informed him.

"And then you say you don't care about him." Veer wiggled his eyebrows at Mayera.

"Veer, of course I care about him. He needs to be fine to give me my salary slip." She chuckled.