XIII

🎶zindagi ne ki hai kaisi saazisheinpoori hui dil ki wo farmaisheinmaangi duaa ek tujh tak jaa pahunchiparvardigara, parvardigarakaisi suni tune meri khamoshio parvardigara

poori hui dil ki wo farmaishein
maangi duaa ek tujh tak jaa pahunchi
parvardigara, parvardigara
kaisi suni tune meri khamoshi
o parvardigara... 🎶

◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽

The Singhania family's private jet landed in Mumbai at around 3 in the evening. Veer had accompanied the family as he was super close to everyone. This is a thing with childhood friends, their family becomes your family as well. Alina, who was super excited to meet her family after months, came to pick them up. 

They, then, went to their bungalow in the city and spent some time together before deciding to take some rest. 

Being around his entire family made Arjun feel better than what he had been feeling the past months. 

The next morning, he called up Raman. From the time she left, he called up Raman every few days to check if he found some lead. But everytime the answer was negative. And today was no exception either. 

The feeling of helplessness crawled in his being like never before. He needed her, but he couldn't do anything about it. 

"What's new with you?" Alina asked, buttering her toast. 

Dev and Shalini had gone out to shop for some gifts to take along at the event in the evening. It was just the sibling duo and Veer at home. 

"Just work." He shrugged his shoulder, focusing on orange juice. 

After speaking to Raman, his mood had deteriorated again. 

"You know, this devdas look doesn't suit you." She munched on the toast. 

He narrowed his eyes at his sister. 

"I know about Mayera." She spoke while chewing her food. 

"First, stop talking with food in your mouth. And second, who told you?" 

"A little birdie." She giggled. 

Arjun glared at his best friend knowing very well that he was the culprit. Veer let out a nervous laugh. "I swear I didn't mean to, but she pulled it out of me. She is some kind of conversational witch."

Last night, Alina had noticed something off about Arjun and after he went to bed, she had blackmailed Veer with her puppy dog eyes till he spit everything out. Veer loved Alina like a little sister and couldn't deny her anything and she knew how to use this to her advantage.