XVII

🎶odh ke dhaani preet ki chaadaraaya tere shehar mein Ranjha teraduniya zamaana, jhoota fasaanajeene marne ka waada saancha meraho

aaya tere shehar mein Ranjha tera
duniya zamaana, jhoota fasaana
jeene marne ka waada saancha mera
ho.. sheeshmahal na mujhko suhaye
tujh sang sookhi roti bhaaye... 🎶

◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽

Mayera blinked at her new assistant, Shazia, when she informed her that she had to meet the CEO of the Singhania Corporation, Arjun Singhania, for the signing of the contract. 

"Is it important for me to go?" Mayera pleadingly asked. 

"Well, only the CEOs can sign the contract." Shazia stated. 

"Kabir is the CEO too." 

"Yeah, but he's in Mumbai."

Mayera knew that. She was just trying to find some way to not meet him, but she was trapped. 

Shazia, on the other hand, was confused to see her boss. In all the days that she had started working for Mayera, she'd never seen her like this. It looked like she was trying her best to avoid Arjun. Why? She wanted to ask but she wasn't that comfortable with her yet and didn't want o risk her job. 

"So, should I schedule it for tomorrow?" Shazia asked. 

Mayera nodded, having no other choice.

She'd be lying if she said that her heart didn't crave to see him, but she was also scared that if she did see him, she'd be falling again for the same man who had hurt her.

The man who hurt her, but realised his mistake and was trying his best to apologize to her. 

______________

The next morning, the meeting was set up for 11am in the morning at the Singhania Corporation. 

Mayera got dressed in peach formal pants and white chiffon shirt. She curled her hair and for makeup, she put on some foundation, concealer, a winged eyeliner and some lip gloss. Then she finished her outfit with a nude colored pointed-toe pumps and a formal blazer. 

Her aura screamed confidence. 

At 10:00am, Mayera got into her Audi and went to her office first, to pick up Shazia. Then they both went for the meeting. 

Nostalgia hit Mayera hard as she looked at the skyscraper in front of her. 

Walking inside the building, she saw the giant reception, and behind that a big logo of the company along with the name, SINGHANIA CORPORATION.