VIII

🎶kyun itna huya hai tu khafahai zidd kis baat ki teriki maaregi zyada mujhe maut senaarazgi teri

hai zidd kis baat ki teri
ki maaregi zyada mujhe maut se
naarazgi teri...🎶

◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽

As Arjun had asked, she didn't show him her face for the rest of the day. He knew he had hurt her, but he was too proud to accept it and apologize.

The next few days, Mayera kept her presence scarce around him. She kept his coffee on his table a few minutes before he arrived in the office, emailed him his schedule instead of reading it to him, called him to inform him of something important. The only time they came face to face was when they had to attend meetings, and even then, she avoided meeting his eyes.

Arjun wouldn't lie, he missed her. His heart ached not hearing her melodic voice, and not seeing her beautiful face. There had been many weak moments when he just wanted to barge into her office, fall down in his knees and beg her to talk to him. But he didn't. Because he knew that that woman has started meddling with his heart and if he continued being near her, it'd be not long before he would be doing something he'd sworn never to do again, fall in love.

He couldn't afford falling in love. Not again.

So even though he was dying to apologize to her, he wasn't doing it. Hoping it'd created distance between them, and then he'd be able to suppress the feelings he was feeling.

"Are you even listening to me?" Veer's voice snapped Arjun out of his Mayera's thoughts.

Veer was hanging around at Arjun's office as he had not come here because he was busy with his own work.

Arjun cleared his throat,"Sorry, I was distracted. You were saying?"

"Forget it." Veer sighed. He knew something was wrong with Arjun and he would find out what it was.

A knock echoed in the room. Arjun gave permission and Mayera entered the room.

Arjun did a double take, making sure he was not dreaming and she was actually there.

"Hello Veer!" Her sweet voice said.

"Hey, princess. How have you been? Did you miss me?" Veer winked at her.

"I always miss you darling." She winked back at him and giggled.

Arjun didn't like it one bit. How can she smile that breathtaking smile at him. That smile that he can kill and die for.

"Those are such beautiful earrings." Veer eyed the diamond earrings Mayera was wearing.

She very seldom wore accessories to work, which is why when she did, it stood out.